Deadly Affairs- Chapter 19 (Final)

“H-Hi Kellin.” I stuttered. He had this expressionless look on his face and didn’t say anything back. I’m guessing he’s upset about the comment I made the other day before I Ieft him in the visiting room alone.

“Look Kellin, I’m so sorry about what I said to you the other day. I didn’t mean it, I was just upset and I know that doesn’t make it right but I wanted you to come here so you could understand and not be mad at me.” I said.

“So I could understand what?” he asked bluntly.

“I could never hurt you.” I reached for his hands so I could hold them but he moved them back.

“But you could hurt your boss.” He shot back quickly.

“Kellin, please. I just want us to be okay.” I pleaded.

“How can we be okay when you said you should’ve killed me?” He asked in hostile manner.

“I didn’t mean it, I love you so much. I need you to forgive me, please.” I had this whining tone in my voice. I was definitely in no position to be acting like a smartass who didn’t give a shit. I was going to do whatever it took to make Kellin forgive me even if that meant whining like I had no self-worth.

“Why would you say that knowing you’re already a suspect in a case for murder? It just makes you look guilty.” He said.

“I just wanted to hurt you like you hurt me and I shouldn’t have done that, I wasn’t thinking.” I said.

“I didn’t do anything so how did I hurt you?” He asked.

“How can you say you didn’t do anything?”

“I didn’t!” He replied boldly.

“I’m sorry but you’re full of it if you think that.” I said.

“I knew I shouldn’t have come, you just want to turn this around on me and make me the bad guy.” Kellin got up and began walking towards the door; So much for throwing my self-worth out the window. I guess it’s true when people say old habits die hard. I quickly got up from the table and followed behind him, trying to catch up. As he put his hand on the doorknob I grabbed it, stopping him then I turned him around to face me. He pulled his hand away from me and stood there staring at me. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath then opened them letting go of my ‘ego.’

“Look, you turned me in literally hours after you told me you loved me. That’s not something someone does when they love someone. If you were gonna turn me in…I just feel like you shouldn’t have thrown out the ‘L’ word because it kinda discredits the whole purpose of saying it and it really hurt me. I felt like you didn’t mean it.” I said. He frowned giving me a sympathetic look.

“Well I didn’t mean to hurt you. I truly meant it when I said it and I still do mean it. This is kinda confusing I’ve never dated or loved someone who is under suspicion for murder.” He said. I could tell he was loosening up by the look on his face and the way the hostile tone went away. I think I know that deep down he was just trying to do the right thing but if he really believed I killed my boss he wouldn’t be here right now so I guess he just doesn’t want to believe I could do something like that. I slowly reached for his hands holding them. They were so warm unlike mine, I was freezing. The whole time I’ve been here they haven’t turned on the heating system once but honestly I didn’t care about that right now it was just nice to touch him again.

“I want to trust you.” He said.

“I want to trust you too.”

“Okay, so no more lying or secrets. Since you’re court hearing for bail is today I’ll just bail you out but you have to promise to be honest with me from now on.” He said.