Deadly Affairs- Chapter 20/Alternative Ending

This is an alternative ending to Deadly Affairs it’ll be starting at the point in Chapter 15 where after Mike knocks Kellin unconscious and Vic tries to explain everything to him he let’s him leave then Vic wakes up the next morning and takes a shower, gets coffee while waiting for his brother Mike to come back over and while he’s waiting there’s a knock at the door.

_____________________________

          I had just got out the shower and now I’m in the kitchen making a pot of coffee. I was feeling pretty good because Kellin had texted me last night saying he loved me. That wasn’t how I pictured us saying ‘I love you’ to each other for the first time but it still felt good. I went in my room and put on a button up shirt and a pair of skinnies then I went back in the kitchen, poured a cup of coffee and sat in the living room watching the news. Someone knocked at my door so I assumed it was Mike so I got up to answer the door.

 “Hey.” Kellin said standing there looking exhausted.

“Hey, are you okay?” I asked concerned.

“Yeah, I’m just tired.” He said. I stepped back, opening the door wider so he could come in. He took off his jacket as we walked into the living room and placed it on the arm of the couch.

“You sure you’re okay?” I asked again still a little worried for him as I sat down on the couch. His face was a little pale and he had on the same clothes from yesterday.

“Can I ask you a question?” He asked standing in front of the coffee table.

“Yeah, sure.”

“I want you to be completely honest because if I think you’re lying for just a second I’m gonna walk out that door.” He pointed over at the front door.

“What is going on, Kelllin?” I asked confused.

“Alright so I have my demons, believe me I do. I mean it’s the whole reason I was up on that building that night when we met and so I know a few things about deep dark secrets. Every guy I’ve dated before you always has something wrong with him and I’ve been trying to figure out what it is with you but you’re like Mr. Perfect; so charming, witty, protective, dashing, absolutely amazing and I’m smitten by you but in my life nothing good happens to me, I never get the better hand so I’ve been wondering what’s wrong with you? So tell me.” He was pacing back and forth in front of me then stopped and looked at me waiting for an answer.

“I…uhh…what?” I was taken aback by his little rant and didn’t know what to think.

“You and your brother were ‘joking’ as you call it about killing but I thought about it and your boss is dead and you’ve been pretty okay with that. I know you guys weren’t close and didn’t like each other but still. I was up all night and I was thinking about all the questions that the Detectives asked me and I think they think you did it. Why else would you need an alibi?” He paused.

“So… I can’t believe I’m about to ask this but…did you? D-did you do it?” He hesitated.

“Kellin, really? You think I could do something like that?” I said faking a shocked tone.

“Alright that’s it, I’m leaving.” He began walking to the door and I quickly got up trying to stop him.

“Okay, wait. What do you want me to stay?” I asked grabbing his hands.

“The truth!” He turned around, pulling away from me.

“I thought we were okay after last night?” I said.

“How could we be okay when your brother knocked me out? Those aren’t actions of an innocent person.”

“My brother is weird and some of the things he does is for no logical reason at all you just-“ I was cut off by knocking at the door. I went over and looked out the peep hole to see my Mike standing there. I huffed and opened the door a little bit.