Deadly Affairs- Chapter 3

I stood there running my fingers through my wet hair as the warm water ran down my back just thinking about the last couple days, trying to contemplate how everything went to wrong. If it is wrong. I was exposing myself, making myself vulnerable, and more importantly I was slipping up. I never do that, but now it seems like I can’t do anything other than that. On the other hand having Kellin here has been nice, it’s still a little weird, I don’t know much about him but he’s good company. It’s been 4 days since I stopped him from jumping off that building and he still doesn’t want to talk about it. I really don’t know how to handle this situation; Kellin was almost one of my victims and when it comes to a victim I stay away until it’s time to attack, I try not to get involved but that’s all I’ve been doing with Kellin. Watching him, making sure he doesn’t try to hurt himself, inviting him over every night since then. I guess I can’t look at him as one of my victims anymore since I’m treating him more as an acquaintance. It’s very confusing I don’t have friends really so I don’t usually have guest but now Kellin is here every night. I like having him here but it also makes me feel threatened, like he could find me out and I’ve spent a long time coming up with the perfect way to hide my “hobby” to have someone come in and possibly ruin that is scary. I heard a noise from outside the shower and poked my head out.

“Hey I folded up the blankets and put them in the closet so you don’t have to worry about it.” Kellin said as he put toothpaste on his toothbrush. This is what I’m talking about, he brought his toothbrush, he’s too comfortable and I’m allowing it. I put this mask up so I can blend in but I’m starting to wonder if this is even a mask when he’s around or if he just makes me feel this way.

“Alright.” I said putting my head under the water.

“Do you want to go to that opening for that art museum down the street tonight after work?” He asked loudly trying to talk over the shower.

“uh..yeah..sure” I said a little hesitant. I didn’t think it was a good idea to go. I actually thought we needed space but I still said yes because something inside of me wouldn’t allow me to say no.

“Alright, well I’m about to leave so I’ll see you after you get off work.” He said now rinsing of his toothbrush. I stuck my hand out and waved bye not knowing if he saw it or not. A little while later I got out the shower and got dressed for work then left out, heading to the coffee shop then work. We had a couple new interns and assistants at the office so it was a little more crowded and hectic than usual.  Especially with the assistants running around having no idea where anything is and getting in everybody’s way.

“Fuentes.” My boss said tapping on my desk.

“Yes sir?” I said looking up from my computer screen; he was standing there with a young man.

“This is Justin; he’s a new assistant and is having a tough time finding things and getting use to the place. I want you to stay after and give him a tour around; show him what he’ll be doing and how to do it. Justin this is Vic he will be staying after with you.” He said like he wasn’t giving me an option and started to walk away, but I wasn’t willingly to skip out on Kellin even if this was the opportunity I could use to get some space from him, for some reason I just didn’t want it.

“I can’t, I have things to do.” I said to him causing him to turn around and look at me weird. I usually just do whatever he says to avoid conflict. I already don’t like him and if he angered me enough I don’t know what I’d do if my impulses took over so it’s just best to do what he says.

“Well cancel those things; you’re going to be here tonight.” He said starting to walk away again.

“I can’t.” I said and he turned around once more, clearly he didn’t like me challenging his authority, I could see him getting upset.