Deadly Affairs- Chapter 15

As I was sitting in the chair beside my bed I heard groaning and I looked up to see Kellin finally waking up. I began to shake because of the fear I felt of not knowing how he would react. Well I kinda knew how he would react but I didn’t want him to be scared of me, I would never hurt him. I know in the beginning I was going to but that was before I got to know him.

“Kellin.” I said getting up and walking over to him. His eyes immediately shot open once he heard my voice. He scooted himself all the way to the other edge of the bed then got up and pressed his back to the wall farthest away from me that way he was all the way on the other side of the room.

“Kellin, listen to me. I’m not gonna hurt you.” I said.

“Just let me go, I won’t tell anyone, I promise.” He said.

“Kellin, just let me explain first and everything will make sense then you can go.” I put my hands up in a surrendering way to show I wasn’t going to try anything. He didn’t say anything he just stared at me so I assumed that he was going to let me tell my side.

“Okay, I know what you heard but it’s not the way it sounds-“

“You and that guy were laughing about how you kill people.” He jumped in.

“Yeah, but we were joking.” I said. He looked at me unsure then walked over to me. I sighed thinking he believed me but instead he walked pass me to the closet and opened the doors then pushed my clothes aside to see all my ‘tools’ I had in the back. I was shocked because I didn’t think he heard that much but apparently I was wrong.

“So what’s this?” he asked. I raised my eyebrow at him; for someone who should be afraid he sure is being pretty aggressive in his accusations.

“So I keep my tools to fix things in my closet, it’s more convenient. What’s the harm in that?” I asked casually trying to make him think that he was just thinking too much into this.

“Vic you have knives in here, look!” he picked up one of the knives and turned around to me.

“Give me that.” I said bluntly then began walking over to him.

“How is this a tool to fix things?”

“Don’t worry about it, just give it to me.” I reached for it, grabbing his wrist tightly and he froze. “Let go of it.” I said. He slowly let go and I took it from him then put it back in its rightful place. When I turned back around to face him his face was pale.

“Look, I’m sorry I just don’t like people touching my stuff.” I said. “Those knives are just from a set that my dad gave me and I don’t like other people touching them because they mean a lot to me. I promise you that my brother and I were just joking around. We have a weird sense of humor.” I stood there waiting for a response but he said nothing.

“Okay, I believe you.” He smiled but I couldn’t tell if he was being truthful or not.  His poker face was just as good as mine. I looked at him skeptical but then he walked over to me and grabbed my hand. “Really, I believe you. It was just a little weird hearing you guys joke about killing people because I don’t know people who joke about that stuff but if that’s you guys’ thing then okay I trust you.”

“Okay.” I smiled back. “Well I guess you can meet my brother officially then.”

“This is Mike, my brother.” I said to Kellin as we walked into the living room. Mike look at me confused and I just shook my head so he wouldn’t start asking questions and making Kellin feel weird.

“It’s nice to meet you.” Kellin said, shaking Mike’s hand. We all stood there for a second then Kellin spoke again.

“I was actually just coming over here to tell you that I was having a late night dinner meeting with my boss and a couple coworkers so I wouldn’t be able to stay long.” Kellin said.