Chapter 10

I woke up, and before I could even move I remembered the events of last night. I guess I was too scared last night to even think about being embarrassed, but now that it's over, I'm mortified. I never thought i'd say this, but I really don't want to go to pax today. I pick up my phone to see selection of texts Mark had sent me when he realized I was gone.

Mark: Did you leave?

Mark: Why didn't you tell me?

Mark: I'm sorry for dragging you to this party. I know you didn't want to.

He should not feel sorry. He's too aware and caring for his own good. I text him back:

Me: You should not feel sorry for dragging me to the party. I could have chosen to not go.

Mark: I knew you would go, no matter how uncomfortable it made you feel.

It's weird how he knows what I would do so well even though we haven't know each other for that long.

Me: That's true. 

Me: Also, I realllllly don't feel like going to pax today. Sorry for skipping out, I just don't feel up to it.

Mark: That's ok. Since you're not going to pax, maybe we could hang out today.

Me: But you're going to pax.

Mark: Meh, I could skip out. Say I'm sick.

Me: No, you are not doing that. You have fans and friends waiting for you.

Mark: But I also have a friend waiting at a hotel, bored :P

Me: Oh, c'mon, I'm not significant. I type as I snap back into pessimism mode.

Mark: No, don't ever say you're not significant. 

Mark: That's it, I'm not going to pax. 

Before I could respond, I get a notification that Mark posted and update on twitter.

"Guys, I'm so sorry, but I don't think I can come to pax today. I got sick last night, and I don't want to get any of you guys sick. I'll definitely come for the last day, though!"

Uh. I guess there's no going back now.

Me: Marrrrrkkkkkkkkkk

Me: Noooo

Mark: Just get out of bed and come meet me at my apartment.

Me: You're the one who wanted this.

Mark: Fine. What hotel are you at? And room #?

I gave Mark my hotel and room number, and he said he would be there in 15 minutes. I hurried out of bed, trying to make myself at least a little presentable. Before I knew it, I heard a knock at my door. As soon as I opened it, I saw Mark, wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt, and holding a bag of chips. 

"Hi..." I said nervously. Texting him feels normal now, but talking to him in person is still a bit weird. 

"Hey," he said, "Since you don't really feel like going anywhere today, I thought maybe we could watch a movie or something?"

I agreed, and we both sat down to watch a movie. During the start of the movie, I found myself not really paying attention, and more focusing on Mark. I think he noticed, but just pretended not too. He's very observant. He knows exactly what people want. Why does he have to be so amazing?

I thought about if I liked him as more than a friend. No. Not yet. I'm more of a friend type of person anyways. Plus, I would never make the first move. With Markiplier? The guy who clearly stated he doesn't want a girlfriend? Hell no. He probably doesn't even like me anyways. Uh, it's hopeless. Wait, why do I even care about this if I like him as a friend?

Soon, we both stopped paying attention to the movie, and just started talking about stuff. People, boys, girls, relationships, stuff. 

"Hey Mark," I said, unsure wether I should say this or not,"Yesterday at the party, Jack was flirting with me,"

"What?" Mark exclaimed, "What did he say?"

"Well, he put his arm around me and asked 'what's a girl like you doing here'?"

"I can't believe it. I'm gonna go talk to him after."

"No, don't! He was clearly drunk, he probably doesn't even remember me."

Mark didn't have time to respond, because I got a text from Daniel.

Daniel: Hey, where are you? We're waiting.

Me: Oh, sorry. I'm... sick.

Daniel: Really

Me: No, seriously, I am

"Who's that?" Asked Mark.

"Daniel, a dude from my friend group"

Daniel: You stayed with us the whole time. Wouldn't some of us be sick then, too?

Me: I have a really weak immune system

Daniel: k. Wish you would have said earlier tho 

Me: Sorry.

Daniel: Megan..

Me: What?

Daniel: Why can't you trust me?

Message Delivery Failed.