Chapter 5: Dreading Realization

The weekend was supposed to be just another normal one, at least Hinata thought it would be. When Naruto suggested that everyone should hang out together over the weekend, she didn't expected...this.

"Hi name's Karin, and I'm Naruto's girlfriend!"

Everyone's eyes shot wide open. Sasuke and Sakura stood with their mouths wide open and eyes bulging out of their eyes.

"W-What!?" Both Sakura and Sasuke screamed in shock.

"She's my girlfriend!" Naruto beamed.

While Sasuke and Sakura stood in shock, Hinata looked on behind them, paralysed with wide eyes. She was pretty, shoulder length red hair, glasses that made her appear smart and her purple top hugged her curves.

'She's much prettier than me.' Hinata thought.

"Anyway this is Sasuke and Sakura and this is Hinata, my best friend." Naruto pointed them all out while grinning.

"Nice to you all, should we be going to the movie now?" Karin asked her boyfriend.

Naruto nodded, walking off with his arm over her shoulder, while Sakura and Sasuke looked back at Hinata with worried eyes; Hinata just smiled sadly and slowly shook her head. She and the rest of the group then preceded to make their way towards the cinemas by foot.

Once there, Naruto bought Karin and himself a large popcorn and soda; but before everyone else could buy anything, Karin had Naruto pay for the tickets and pulled him towards the cinema room.

Sakura had been glareing at Karin from the corner of her eye the whole way through the movie, while Sasuke just ignored the new girl all together. Sakura was also rather surprised that Hinata sat on the opposite side of Naruto. So Sakura leaned over to the pale eyed girl.

"Hey, are sure you're okay?" Sakura whispered.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Hinata whispered back.

Sakura could see the hidden tears behind her lavender eyes, so she let the topic go.

In all honesty, Hinata wasn't okay. This was just all so sudden, though she knew she shouldn't be that surprised; Naruto is an attractive and popular guy after all. It hurt, it really did; but as long as he was happy that was all that mattered. She was strong, so she knew she could find a way through all this...somehow.

After the movie, they all headed to a fast food place to talk, of course Hinata was mostly silent.

"So... how long had you and Naruto been seeing each other?" Sakura asked sceptically.

"About a month and a half." Karin smiled.

"I'm curious, who asked who out first?" Sasuke unexpectedly jumped in the conversation.

"I asked him!" The red head smiled at the blond.

"Figures." Sasuke mumbled under his breath.

Naruto then arrived at the table with the food, handing out everyone's meals.

"So a rice cake for Karin, a cheese burger for Sakura, a chicken burger for Sasuke and an autumn salad with extra dreesing for Hinata, no nuts!"

"Hey idiot I ordered the cheese burger and Sakura got the chicken! Not the other way around!" Sasuke stated.

"How am I meant to remember every little detail?!" Naruto glared at Sasuke while taking his seat next to Karin.

"Yet you remembered Hinata's nut allergy!" Sasuke pointed out with a huff.

"And her unholy love of salad dressings."Sakura chuckled a little as she swaped her burger with Sasuke's.

"Well that's cause the last time I forgot the nut thing she almost died, scared the living hell out of me!" Naruto defended, causing Hinata to turn away laughing awkwardly and with a light blush over her cheeks.