Chapter 9: Broken Friendship

It had been almost two weeks since the roof encounter, Hinata avoided Naruto, she never looked at him nor spoke, she kept a large distance between them and never stayed in his presence for longer than necessary. At first Naruto was confused, he knew they had a fight but he was still puzzled as to why and even what they were arguing about...One minute she's saying that Karin isn't good for him, then the next she refused to even acknowledge his existence! It's even gone so far as to her not coming not school for a day or two throughout the past two weeks.

A part of him felt guilty, he did yell at her after all, and though they have had petty arguments in the past, it never came down to this. So Naruto felt the need to apologize, for what ever is was that he had done. Unfortunately whatever attempt of communication he made with the light eyed girl failed every time. She'd run away when he's call out to her, ignored him when cornered even leave the room when he entered.

His patience was wearing thin by the end of the first week, by the time of the second week rolled around, that shred of patience was demolished. Now he was pissed, frustrated and angry. Worst of all he didn't even know why, but he was. So he treated her as she treated him, invisible. He ignored and avoided her just as she was, clear that thither of them were willing to talk.

Sakura and Sasuke caught on very quickly to their strange behavior, it was like watching some messed up soap opera, only more ridiculous and more dramatic.

"Seriously, what is going on with those two!?" Sakura  tapped her foot in frustration as her hand rested on her hips. the class room buzzing with teenage gossip and chit chat, with the blonde and raven haired girl sat on the opposite sides of the room.

"Something went down, they'll figure it out." Sasuke casually leaned back in his seat.

"You said that a week ago and look them, it's worse that is was back then!" Sakura pouted when falling into her seat beside her friend.

"You know them, those two can't function properly without each other, they'll come around eventually." Sasuke sighed.

"You say that...but I don't know...they've never fought like this before! Usually when they'd fight They'd both come running back to each other the next day apologizing, usually with Naruto on the brink of tears...and even though they had fought just the day before hand, Hinata still had his lunch, which would cause the blond idiot to cry for real...that is what their like." Sakura's voice lowered a few octaves as her gaze glanced over to the two feuding friends. "Not this."

Sasuke hatted to admit it, but Sakura had a point. It was uncharacteristically of Naruto to just give up so easily, even more so for Hinata to start this feud...just what exactly happened?

As the Lunch bell rang, Sakura and Sasuke came up with a plan. clearly those two were not going to resolve there differences, if they were it would have happened a long time ago. So as class dispersed into their own groups and flooded out of the class room Sakura would follow Naruto out and have a word with him while Sasuke would have a small chat with Hinata.

Sakura stormed up to Naruto by his locker, just as he opened the door she slammed it shut, almost catching in hand in the process.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Naruto yelled.

"THAT"S MY LINE!" Sakura screamed, causing Naruto to shrink away a little. if there was anyway of telling Naruto you meant business, it was scaring the complete shit of out him. "What is going on between you and Hinata!?"

"It's none of your business..."

"Like hell it none of my business!" Her eyes flashed in a demonic way, freaking out the poor blond boy. "Just what did you do to her!?"