:Shikamaru:

I had to go find Aiko. Kiba can handle himself. Aiko may act like she is a hard rock and people may believe her. But I know and she knows she is easily hurt when it comes to the people who means the most to her.

I'll admit it I have a soft spot for Aiko. I know it is out of character but its true. Crazy but true.

I just have this drive to protect her. I can't explain it.

My eyes were caught by a figure leaning against a tree. My gut told me it was Aiko. I dropped down from the tree and slowly walked towards the figure. Making sure it was in fact Aiko.

"Aiko." I said calmly realizing it was her.

"Shikamaru." She sob getting up and walking over to me slowly. "I...I think I messed up." A new wave of tears came.

I pulled her into a hug. She gladly wrapped her arms around my waist and cried onto my chest. I wrapped my arms protectively and comforting around her and rested my chin on her head.

She giggled slightly to herself.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"I'm so short." She breathed laughing again slightly.

"True that." I grinned.

Though she was no longer crying she didn't let go and neither did I nor do I want to. Sadly I am still in love with her.

"Everything is going to be all okay." I whispered to her.

If that moron Kiba hurts her. I swear. He won't just have Kakashi and Gara to deal with. "Kiba you treat her right." I said in my head. She's everything to me." I said this in my head also.

I sighed hating that she loved that idiot. But if he made her happy then I wold not, will not intervene. Her happiness over mine...anyday.

A.N

I know this chapter is short. Sorry about that. I just wanted to I've an insight into Shikamaru's head regarding the situation.