The Ad

It's the 1900's, the year is 1909. My name is Dakota Alexis Pure, I'm nine years old and I'm tired of having to cut my twenty-five acres alone. My parents say if I can place an ad in a shop's window I might get some offers for some help. My question is what shop to pick? I settled to put my ad in the blacksmith's window thinking it was the best choice to get help. I placed the ad in the window after the getting the blacksmith's permission and walked out of the shop and sat in front of a post and waited just to see if anyone was interested.

I saw a boy walk up to the ad and took the application and residence card I had left. He looked at me with a smile and asked.

"Are you the one who's looking for the lawn help?"

"Yes, I am."

He smiled again and took out a pen and started on the application. He was nine years old too. He was wearing black pants with a white shirt and had a red little neck scarf. He was a carrot top with dark brown eyes. As I was admiring his profile he looked up noticing I was staring. He handed me his application, I looked it over and went into the shop and pulled down the ad.

"Thomas, you got the job!"

He looked excited that he had gotten the job but had a conflicted look to him.

"Are you sure you're okay with giving me your allowance?"

"Yeah, I'm fine with it as long as you don't mind."

"Haha, thanks."

"No problem, you can start tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll be there about seven if that's okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine I'll see you then."

"Bye" we both said together.

Thomas had a blush tint to his face since the beginning of that conversation. I wonder what had him blushing?