My Birthday

I woke up the next morning to my family singing happy birthday. I had school, I went to school and found a note tied to my locker it read:

'I'll pick you up from school today, I got a special surprise later for you. -Thomas'

And when the school bell rang for dismissal I saw Thomas standing in front of a stop sign and we left school and took a walk in the park. About six o'clock he took me to a fancy restaurant and at the end of the meal he gave me the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen.

"How could you afford this Thomas?"

"I earned it cutting your land, it's a birthday present and a thank you present for letting me stay with you and your family."

I noticed he had scooted closer to me since a few minutes ago. Was Thomas my first crush? Anyway I can honestly say my tenth birthday was my best. Since that point Thomas and I were closer than brother and sister. Skip ahead in life... Age twelve

****************************************

At the age of twelve poverty had struck the small island of Yamato. My parents could no longer pay for the expensive school I went to anymore and sent me to Yamato Public with Thomas and Luke. I was scared no one would like me. A boy walked up to me; his name was Casey.

"I really think you're cute and I like you."

I saw Thomas being surrounded by a huge group of girls. I tried my best to act like I was listening to Casey but couldn't. I ran over to Thomas and and in front of the girls.

"Give him a little space will ya?"

As the girls left Thomas looked up at me astonished because of what I did.

"You'll fit in fine here."

It wasn't very long after that I got a couple of friends.

A few months later.....

"You never have a sleepover"

"Okay how about one tomorrow at my place?"

"Perfect," Lilly said.

The next day was planned. The night of the sleepover Thomas had moved into Luke's room so my friends could come. About nine we decided to play truth or dare.