Im gonna be a mommy?!

Christopher checked me over.

"You're gonna be a mommy."

Thomas and me went back to our room. We talked about how it would be like to be parents never could quite shake the feeling something might go wrong. What if it was a miscarriage? What if I fell ill again and couldn't support the baby? What if I just didn't survive? These are the fears Thomas and I had shared together but we wouldn't know so how or why worry about it? I kept thinking.

The next day...

"Guys, I'm going to have a baby."

I was nervous but the words eventually came. They weren't even shocked.

"We knew it was gonna happen sometime," captain said with a grin hitting Thomas on the back.

Thomas was acting really odd after we told them. He was hanging his head in shame going 'it's all my fault, all my fault."

I tried convincing him, but nothing seemed to work, he was still blaming himself. Six months later he was still blaming himself for this.

I give up. I asked the guys to talk to him and sure enough he returned as his happy go lucky self.

We spent the next couple months preparing for the baby's arrival; we decided it was best for the baby to sleep in our room to keep things quiet and let the guys sleep.