Thomas is Gone?

Thomas got up one day and said:

    "Dakota, someday I'm going to have to leave I wont tell you when but I'm going to leave."

On October 3, 1914, my fourteenth birthday. Thomas left a note on my headboard saying:

               "I left for you to have a better life, and that I'm not a good guy to be around because I'm just going to drag you down. I don't want to do that to you." -Thomas

I tried to read the letter but soon it began to turn into a smear because of the tears overflowing on the little note. It felt like all of a sudden my heart had broken into a million pieces. My life was chaos after that no one talked to me, no boy in school would even look my way twice. At home I'd switched rooms with everyone in the house trying to escape the pain of the old room. One day after that I'd snapped.

 I took my bed outside and set it ablaze with fire. Mom had seen what I had done.

                                  "I think you need to leave Yamato."

With that Mom sent a letter to my distant uncle who lived in Japan. I never met him but one day a month later  he showed up at my front door.

                          "You're going to live in Japan until you  can have the courage to face what happened here."

I packed my things ready to leave but not before I grabbed a beach towel from when Thomas and I were thirteen and he forgot to bring a towel so we shared this one.

*******************************************************************************

Sorry it was short next one will be way longer.