Chapter 18

CH18

Three days had passed and no deaths had happened in that time. The boys swore they had passed the same tree at least ten times in this forest! They were surprised that no one had been killed but they were also relieved as that meant no deaths on their hands but they were also very worried. They didn’t know what the other contestants were planning so the boys were desperate to find the Anders.

“I need to take a break.” Zayn said after a moment of silence and he walked away from the group.

The others wanted to follow him but understood his need for privacy. This whole situation was way over their heads. They had to get out of here!

Zayn sighed before leaning against a tree. He glanced at his hands...he considered hands to be something to help people...but after seeing the brutal murders on the first day, he had been forced to see hands as a weapon of destruction. His head snapped up as he heard a rustle of the bushes and he slowly walked over. He narrowly dodged a knife flying through the air and hitting the tree. A small figure jumped up from the bushes and attacked Zayn. He yelled out for help and the figure twisted and held him down before the figure brought out a familiar knife.

“Lily! Stop!” Liam commanded of the figure.

Lily froze in place before letting Zayn up and retreating two steps. She looked at the boys in disbelief before going and getting her knife from the trees. She calmly walked over to them before whacking all five of them with her hands over their heads, incredibly hard.

“Ouch! That hurt, Lily!” Harry whined.

“It serves you right! I can’t believe how worried you managed to get Katrina! She never gets worried! Actually, let me correct that, we have all been worried sick about each of you! Honestly! If I could, I would hurt you so badly your ancestors would feel it! Now, come on, before someone finds out where you are!” Lily yelled at them before pulling them by the collar of their shirts and pulling them away and closer to the others.

“Lily!” They heard Katrina sigh out in relief before enveloping Lily in a hug.

“You won’t believe who I found, Kat” Lily said before showing the boys.

The three other sisters came out of their cave and gasp in disbelief while Katrina was frozen in shock. The boys weakly held out their hands for a hug but it ended up with the girls whacking all of them.

“Jesus! You don’t listen to you! We’re trying to protect you!” Maria hissed out, trying to hold in her temper.

“We didn’t know where you were! Honestly!” Olivia hissed out.

“I’m glad you’re back but for god sakes! Don’t leave like that again!” Angel said and she hugged them. They looked at Angel before they gasped. On her side was a deep wound, blood still spilling from it.

“What happened?!” Niall asked in concern.

“I lured the other contestants away from you and us. Unfortunately, Area one managed to hit me in the side with a poisonous dagger.” Angel said weakly.

“How...how much longer do you have?” Liam choked out.

“If my estimations are correct, I have less than a day. That’s why I sent Lily out to get food and to find you” Angel said to them.

“She wanted to see you were safe before she...” Katrina said, unable to speak the final word.

The boys nodded before they smelt something weird...It smelt like smoke. The girls must’ve smelt it too because they instantly went inside the cave and pulled out their weapons. The boys followed them in but when they came out, fire was surrounding them again.