3

After Mrs. Davison left the room all I wanted to do was sleep. I lay back on the couch and closed my eyes. Peaceful sleep isn't something I'm used to, with my 'parents' and all.

*
My eyes open when I feel a grasp on my knee. I look up and sigh of relief when I see mrs. Davison, smiling warmly at me.

"Hey Abbi, you dozed off a couple hours ago an I just thought you might want to have something to eat. I made you a snack."

I smile and nod, sitting up. Mrs. Davison is like like mother I never had.
"Thanks," I say.

I eat the grilled cheese sandwich quickly, realising how hungry I am.

I thank mrs. Davison once again.

"So," I say, looking up at her.

"Yes dear?" She asks, sitting down.

"Do I have a soulmate?" I blurt out, not caring that my 'dad' said I didn't.

"I'm afraid I can't answer that sweetie," mrs. Davison says.

"But why not?"

"Well, your parents said-"

"Do you really think I care what my 'parents' said?" I cut her off.

"Very well."

*

"Wait, so I do have a soulmate?"

"Yes."

I don't need to hear anything else. I thank Mrs. Davison and say goodbye before running out of her house and down the streets.

I finally arrive at my house and realise this wouldn't be so easy. I push open the door and wish it wouldn't be so loud.

Slowly, I walk to the stairs and begin ascending. I quickly go into my room and find the two necklaces that connected me to my real parents.

I open my tiny window. Would I fit? I throw my back pack out side the window and it falls with a quiet 'thud'.

I put one leg through the window....then another.....and an arm...  I slip. Shit!

Luckily I steady myself and continue climbing out. I eventually wriggle through and jump out onto the grass. I'm free.

The first thing I do is run. No, sprint, to the nearest train station that I know off by heart, but then I realise that I'll  have to make a stop. I turn and run towards mark and Fiona's apartment.

I bash on the door.

It opens almost immediately.

"Abbi? Why are you back?" Fiona asks.

"Well, I kinda need some money. I'd really appreciate it."

She nods, then heads inside. Seconds later she comes back and handed me two notes. I didn't bother looking at them.

"Bye!" I call, before slipping the money into my pocket and running to the train station. When I arrive, I look around, and see ticket stands, which I immediately go in line for.

"Hello mam, how may I help you?" Asks the woman working the stand.

"Uh yes please. One ticket to........ "I think for a moment".......Kolland." I said. Sounds like a good place to start.

"10 dollars please."

I hand her the money, noticing that I had 70 dollars. Now 60. I board the train and watch the station as it took off, wondering if anybody would miss me.