6

After minutes of running through crowds and chasing after Pierre, we arrive onto a street. We both turn and run up the street for a good 10 minutes before Pierre stops I front of a hotel. Or should I say resort.

He motions for me to follow him through the entrance doors, and I do, looking around the grande hotel I awe. Crystal chandeliers, marble floors and countless figurines and decorations greet me as we walk to the front desk.

"Hello." Pierre says to the man behind the counter.

"Hallå. May I help you with anything?" He replies.

"Uh, yes. Do you have any rooms for two open?"

The man checks his computer. "Ja. One room, $110 for one night."

"$20." Pierre counters.

"Nej. $110 or nothing."

Pierre and the man argue in fluent Swedish before the man finally gives in and hands us a key.

"Come on," Pierre says, already walking up the marble staircase.

I quickly follow him until we get into a hotel room.

I stop breathing when I see it. It's about 8 times the size of my old room. The tiles are a creamy marble that I can see my own reflection in. There are two double beds across from each other with thick blankets made of fleece on top of satin sheets. A table and two chairs with a few ornaments are also in the room. A balcony sits at the other side.

"Are you alright?" Pierre asks.

I have to control my breathing again. "Yeah, I'm fine," I say, sitting on a bed.

"Goodnight," I say as Pierre lies down as well.

I pull the covers over my shivering body. "Goodnight."