12

I don't move, in too much shock to do anything. The bridge is slowly breaking, creeping closer an closer every second. I just gape at it, in compleat and utter fear.

I still don't move when I feel a warm hand wrap around mine an pull me to the back of the train. I run with Pierre, and my body moves, but my mind is stuck. I can't feel my heartbeat.

We run out the back exit door and down the railway, which, to make matters worse, is probably at least 20 kilometres high. Bits and pieces of gravel fall of the edge of the bridge and down to the pit below us, reminding me of what could happen if I trip.

Me and Pierre both run along the railway track for what seams like several hours, panting and out of breath when we finally see the cliff edge.

A loud crack sounds from behind us. Both if our heads turn simultaneously to see the entire train fall off the bridge, along with half of a hundred screaming people.

I continue to stare at the broken bridge, still in shock, until Pierre pulls me to face him.

"Listen, Lily. It's going to be okay. We made it." I can hear his heart beating as fast as mine as we are caught in each other's gazes.

"It's not Pierre. Those people just-" I can't finish my sentence before an unpleasant sounding sob gets caught in my throat.

Pierre hugs me, stoking my hair.

"I know. Your here now. Your okay now."

He let's go and we walk back to solid ground.

"It looks like we have a lot of walking to do," I say.