Chapter 19

Kat POV
*Several months later*

I looked over sadly as Kian rocked out baby boy. He has been fighting for so long and he seemed to be winning... Until a few hours ago.

*Flashback*

"Haha daddy you can't catch us!" Mel yelled as her and Jack ran. I smiled at them and went inside to get some water. I began to walk back outside but a chill went down my back as a blood curdling scream came from Melody. "MOMMA!!" She yelled running back to me. "MELODY! What's wrong baby girl what happened?!" I asked panicky. "J-Jack feww down and he hit his face! He bweeding!" She cried. I ran outside to see Kian holding a bloodied up boy and tears welled up in my eyes. "Start the car." Was all Kian could manage. "He is unconscious Kat, START THE CAR!" He screamed at me. I nodded and the shock took its toll as I ran to the car starting it. Kian came with Jack and Melody and he held Jack in his lap. "Hello?" Kian said into the phone. "Yeah, meet us at the hospital asap guys. It's bad." He said before hanging up.

*Flashback over*

Ever since we got here Kian refused to leave Jack alone and stays with him. "Kat Franta. We need you in here please." They sighed. I walked slowly, leaving Mel with the boys. "You Gus have been in and out of the hospital for months and months at a time. Sadly to say, he has to stay hospitalized until-" Dr. Grove started. "Don't say it." Kian mumbled. It honestly hurt to see Kian this way, and the news I had combined with the news the doctor had, wouldn't mix right now. "He won't make it, I'm afraid." The doctor said into my ear. I nodded slowly letting the news sink in. "How long left?" I whispered. "A week tops." He said leaving the film and the boys coming in. "They told us..." Jc said quietly. I nodded and watched Kian hug Jack.

**************************
We had been in the hospital for 4 days now and Jack wasn't improving at all. I sat in silence with Mel as she ate her food. "Momma? When are you gonna eat?" She asked. "Soon." I sighed. Kian and I hadn't eaten since we arrived her and got the news, and Mel noticed. "You has to mama." She said handing me a chicken nugget. I bit into it but stopped as I heard a sound that crushed my world to pieces. "HES FLATLINING!" Doctors and nurses ran in and took him out of the room as I fell to my knees.

Melody POV
I sat down silently as I heard the beeping noise fade. "Hi..." Someone said. "JACK!" I squealed. "I thought you wewe sick?" I said. "I was.. You awe the only one who can see me though." He said. "Mommy and Daddy can't?" I asked. He shook his head and held my hand. "I'll always be hewe when you need me otay?" He smiled. I nodded as he disappeared and mom hugged me. "Baby girl, Jack died..." She said. "He's not dead. He was just hewe." I yelled at her. Her face looked down sadly and she nodded hugging me tight.