Girl-Friend

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And there it started.

A friendship that was as strong as a metal.

We became really close with each other. From the friendless girl to a one-friended girl. 

It’s true. He’s my only friend. We hang out at school and he even treats me to the mall. 

He’s a really kind person and fun to hang out with. We play the piano together and compose lots of pieces.

One thing that made us closer was our same status. 

We both live alone by ourselves. Since his parents separated, her father lived in Japan while her mother flew to America. He was left with his aunt but decided to be independent when he reached highschool. He was always devastated about it. But I told him that he was luckier than I was because he knows who his parents are. 

I’m an orphan. I don’t know my parents and I don’t even know if I have any relatives. An old lady adopted me. She died when I was 15 and left her house to me.

I strived hard to live by myself. It was harder when he wasn’t around yet. We help each other at all times and we protect ourselves. No one dared to make fun of me because of Taeyang. He’s an angel.

From highschool to college, we were together. We received our diplomas with a degree majoring in Music. We never left each other. He was my only family.

We shared the same insights, perceptions and interests, except for one thing. . . .and that was LOVE.

I hid my true feelings for him since highschool.

It started out as a crush but as our friendship deepened, I realized that I was falling for him. I decided to never tell him or let it out because it will just break our strong friendship that was bonded for years.

Even until he met his first girlfriend in college. I was there to support him. I even helped him out with the courting. It hurts a lot. But what can I do? He’s my friend. We love each other, but his was the different way around. As long as he’s happy, I’m fine with it.

“Yah!” taeyang removed my ribbon and let my hair fall down.

“You look better Bom. You look older with your hair up.” He teased.

I laughed, “It’s none of your business. Gimme that!”

I chased after him as he ran away with my ribbon.

I finally got him and I pinned him down to the floor with his back facing me. He was hiding the ribbon to his chest, so I have to tickle him to retrieve my ribbon.

Suddenly the door opened.

We both turned our heads up and found Chaerin, Taeyang’s girlfriend, staring at us.

I quickly got off of him and pretended to dust off my shirt. Taeyang slowly stood up, as soon as I got a clear view of my ribbon , I immediately grabbed it from him.

“You’re early.” He said as he hugged her and kissed her forehead.

“Well, my appointment with my client was cancelled so to not waste my time, I went straight here.”

“Oh I see.” He nodded still with his arms around Chaerin’s waist.

“So, should we get going now?” she asked.

“Sure. Let’s go.” He let go of her and grabbed his keys then turned to me,” Bom, take care of the house for a while, after you finish piling up the pieces, just lock the door, I think I’ll be late.”

I nodded with a forced smile, and with that they left. As soon as I was sure they were gone, I heaved out a sigh and tried to tie my hair up. I turned sideways and saw myself in the mirror. I paused.

What do I don’t have that Chaerin has? I examined my face, turning it from side to side.

Chaerin and Taeyang has been together for three years already. And for those years I kept my feelings. I gulped down every pain that I could tolerate just to make him happy.

Chaerin is a nice girl. She’s sweet, kind, and understanding. But sometimes, I could feel that she wants me to distance myself from Taeyang. I understand that since she’s his girlfriend but I can’t do that, I have the right too to be with Taeyang, we’ve been bestfriends even before he met her. And I’m afraid that the time where Taeyang has to choose between us would come. That would be really worse.

==============================

After two weeks,

I haven’t seen Chaerin for a while. Even taeyang was also hard to track. Every time I would call him, he won’t answer or his phone is off. And whenever I would visit his house, he’s not home. That was really weird for me. Slowly, it creeped up to me that Taeyang’s almost gone from me. He won’t even call me anymore and tell me where he is. I think this is the part where I have to let my guards down and let him be.

As I got home from my failed visit to Taeyang again, I slumped on my couch and thoughts were circling my mind. What if they already eloped? That would be impossible! It can’t be! I’m sure Taeyang would tell me. But it has been two weeks already. It was unusual to spend everyday without him. He is important to me and if I was important to him, he would tell me where he is. But this is unlikely. Am I really important to him? Or is it only Chaerin that matters to him now?

I went to my room and unbuttoned my blouse and changed into a simple shirt and pajamas.

I went back to the living room and turned on the TV. I glance every now and then at my phone thinking that he would call. But it was a big disappointment.

As I was watching this variety show where celebrities reveal their love story, I switched the channel to cartoons. I hate talking about love and even watching shows connected to love, cause I myself is a failure of it.

Suddenly, it started raining hard. I went to the windows and closed it then went back to my seat. I was blankly staring at the TV but Taeyang was the only thing that was on my mind.

I heard a knock on my door, I stared at it for a while. But it was gone, maybe I was just imagining. No one visits me except for Taeyang. I stared back again at the door, expecting to hear another knock and expecting it to be Taeyang. But there was nothing.

I shook my head. I should give myself a rest. I’ve been stressing myself too much for two weeks already. I rose up from the couch and was about to head to my room when I heard another loud knock from the door. It’s raining hard, maybe it’s just nothing. Just when I was about to take another step, another loud knock banged my door. I immediately brought my feet to the door and opened it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++