To Move on with the Bestfriend

Today is the day. Chaerin’s finally tying the knot.

Taeyang wanted to come, but I told him not to. He asked me why but I just told him not to worry which made him more confused.

I rented a car for us to drive around; it was 7 in the morning as we strolled down the streets of Seoul. We stopped at a garden down the city. It was a fantastic garden with a dreamy feeling into it. It’s like a place for all happy endings and well wishes.

As we walked around the garden, I glanced at my watch, it’ll be in two hours.

“Hey, since when have you been watching the clock?” Taeyang elbowed me playfully.

“There’s nothing bad about checking the time.” I pinched his nose.

“this place is marvelous, isn’t it?” he smiled as he spread his arms wide.

“Yeah…” I held the sides of my jacket as I walked behind him.

“Chaerin would’ve loved this place.” He muttered.

I whirled his body around. I gazed into his eyes.

“Bom?”

“I thought you wanted to move on?”I raised a brow.

“I—I-“ he gulped.

“Well…you can start by not talking about her.”

“But-“

“I thought you asked me to help you move on? And I promised you I will.”I slightly shook him.

“Okay then.” He surrendered.

Am I really ready to do this? Am I prepared enough? Am I in the right mind?

I’m really nervous about this but it’s the only way I could help him. I should do my best since I do keep my promises. I should never regret this. This is the best way and I am the best person to do this.

I suddenly came back to my senses when I saw that it’s already time.

“Taeyang!” I ran after him.

“What?” he turned around.

Without another word, I grabbed his hand and ran.

“Bom…Where are we going?”

I ignored him, as we passed through all the people in the garden until we reached the place. The perfect place.

I let go of him and tried to catch my breath.

“Whoa~” taeyang exclaimed as he walked towards the biggest fountain he’s ever seen.

A big fountain on the middle was astonishing as it sprew water with magical works, there were mini fountains surrounding it. But the best part was the couple standing behind the fountain. No, it wasn’t us. But I wish it was. A big statue of a man and woman holding hands was protruding behind the fountain.

“Great isn’t it?” I asked.

“Yeah..I thought you’ve never been here before?” he asked.

“Well..uhhh..”

“Look at the statue; it’s like a symbol of love.”

“It is.” I said in a matter-of-factly tone.

He glared at me.

I rolled my eyes, “ You know, this place is magical.”

“I thought I was the only weird one?” he replied in a teasing tone.

I stuck my tongue out and gave him a coin.

“What’s this?” he stared at the coin.

“I told you this place is magical. Ask for it and you’ll be granted.”

“So, what am I supposed to do with this?”

“Aish! Don’t you watch movies? You make a wish and throw it in the fountain.”

“Uhh..okay.”

“But, you have to say your wish loudly.” I winked at him.

“what?”

“That’s the secret to achieving your wish. Besides, there are no other people around.” I gazed around the quiet place.

“You go first.”I added.

He hesitantly looked at the coin, then slowly closed his eyes.