A Bestfriend's Happiness

Taeyang slid down his phone, looking thunderstrucked, and ran to chaerin and wrapped his arms around her as he carried her an inch from the ground.

I silently teared up at the scene as they kissed.

I slowly walked towards them and stared at them with smile and tears.

They both looked at me with contented faces, I brought out two envelopes from my jacket.

I handed it over to Taeyang, “You’re flight will be in an hour and thirty minutes.” I glanced at my watch and smiled, “ Go now.”

Taeyang seemed surprised, “Bom…” I saw a tear fall down from his eye.

“I promised to make you happy. I keep my promises right?” I smiled through tears as he hugged me.

“Go now.” I patted his back.

“Thank you. I love you Bom.” He stared at me and kissed my forehead.

“Thank you Bom.” Chaerin held my hand.

“Be happy. Oh, and here,” I handed them the key to the car.

Taeyang hugged me again, this time tighter, “You made me the happiest man on Earth. This place is indeed magical.” He whispered.

“good bye now.” I told them as they started running away before they see me breaking down.

I watched them leave; the most excruciating pain I could ever feel was starting to creep up on me. I’m finally letting go of him. Finally, making myself drown in the ocean of pure sadness. To cope up with this kind of feeling is the most ambitious dream of a martyr.

My vision started becoming blurry as tears covered my eyes.

The tears won’t stop flowing but my heart would stop beating for him someday, I wish. It’s time for me to heal myself and move on. And I know it would be the hardest thing to do. I want him to live his happy life which I rewarded him with, and I’ll try to forget about him after this. Although everything I did was heart stinging, I think it’s for the best, it’s for his happiness which I believe will result to my own happiness too. Maybe, some things are not just meant to be, some secrets are meant to be kept forever, some pains are meant to be endured by the one who has to. We may never get what we want in this world, but we can be great instruments in making it happen for the people we love. Ending up with the one you love is not the only way to show your love, some people are just like me, hiding in the corner, loving someone secretly and would just do anything to make them the happiest person on Earth.

But one thing that would remain unchanged, He will always be my sun and I will always be his moon.