A Step To his Happiness

He hesitantly looked at the coin, then slowly closed his eyes.

“I wish...for a miracle…”

I gazed at him as he was becoming a bit serious.

“…a miracle….that Chaerin would marry me.” With that he threw the coin.

I felt a tear on my eye, I immediately wiped it away as soon as he opened his eyes.

I felt like crying. It was really heartbreaking. But I kept all the bitterness in.

“My turn.” I immediately faced the fountain.

“I wish……for….Taeyang’s wish to come true.” And I threw the coin to the fountain.

I opened my eyes, and saw Taeyang staring at me.

“what?”

“Why did you wish for that?”

“Because I wanted to.”

“But you know it’s impossible.”

“Then why did you wish for that too?” I shot back.

“I was just playing along.” He muttered.

I grimaced, “ I told you this is a magical fountain!!!”

He laughed but instead I advanced on him and wrapped my arms around him.

He was surprised but then I felt his hand on my back within a second.

“Taeyang…I’m so thankful that I had the chance to be your bestfriend. I thought I’ll be alone all my life. I thought I’ll never see myself smile again. But you were there. You were my sun. You always made me laugh and smile. You showed me what happiness is. You were the one who opened my heart to everything. I was changed by you. You became a part of me and will always be. You promised to be there when I needed you. And you were. You protected me from everything. You’ve done enough for me. You’ve done everything just to make me happy. You’ve done more than enough…” I started crying hard.

“….this time, I want to give back everything you’ve given me. The love, the care ,and the happiness. I assure you that you made me happy. Now, let me be the one to give you happiness. I want you to be the happiest man on earth. I want you to feel the love of the girl you loved. I want to see you smile like everyday’s a blessing. I want every bit of happiness to be given to you. I’ll do everything. I promise.” I stepped back.

“Wha-what do you mean?” he asked.

I wiped my tears and slowly closed the distance between us. I clasped his face in my hands and stared at him longingly. I see the puzzled look in his face as I drew my face to his closely. I then gazed at his lips, I tried to reach for it. I closed my eyes and lifted my chin and kissed him. . . .on the nose.

He was surprised,”Bom..”

“I love you Taeyang. You were the best thing that ever happened to me.” my tears started falling down again.

“Bom….” He looked puzzled as he shook his head.

I held his shoulders, “ I promised you that I’ll make you happy right? And you know that I keep my promises.”

“But Bom—“

“Trust me, you’ll never regret this.” I smiled.

Still, he didn’t seem to get what I mean.