Chapter 5: Shock

lt was three hours, or that is what l think. l opened my eyes and saw my family siting closing their eyes. l checked the time and it was 6:00 P.M. "Dad,wake up, l'm OK."l said. He woke up and stood up with happiness. l asked Dad where my friends were and he said " l think you need to see this." l followed dad to Ethan's room and  Ethan was knocked out cold.l went inside his room, were l saw his heart rate getting lower. l was in shock.l saw Ethan's mom cry and weep and his sister was crying with her. Then Ethan ' s eyes glowed a greenish glow, and that made his heart rate increase to it's normal state. Ethan whispered in a tone that l could barely hear him. " Edward, where's Tyler, is he OK?" whispered Ethan. l forgot about Tyler. l panicked, what if Tyler didn't make it, what if he was burned up to a crisp when we got to the hospital. l ran to Tyler's room and l was in shock, He was exactly like the human-torch people was talking about because he was on fire. l couldn't believe it! What am l going to tell Nina?, what am l going to tell Ethan?, and finally what am l going to tell the school? l can't tell them that the explosion killed Tyler! l preyed and preyed and preyed some more wishing that Tyler wouldn't die and when l went to look at the heart rate meter, Tyler's heart stopped beating. Tyler was dead.