Ein

"Seriously?" I questioned as my arms laid folded across my chest in a sign of annoyance, aimed at my older brother.

"Yes. Seriously." Mateus replied trying to hide a smile.

"How does that even make sense? Do you understand how big our family is? Just ours! And on top of our family you want to invite Nick's, Imani's, Damien's and Set's family as well? There's no possible way for us to have a family reunion you dork!" I shouted, throwing my arms in the air as I paced back and forth in front of him.

He simply smiled as I continued to fret and pace at the insane idea that he had come up with. He was only telling me because I knew he wanted me to help him out a bit. He was never good at planning out things like this and he usually left it to Nick, Imani and I. Damien was no better and although he tried to help he usually messed things up.

"Andrej, it'll be fine. All you're doing is keeping everything in check. The whole thing will be catered and all we have to do is send out the invitations which means telling Hermes and letting him spread the word." He chuckled.

"Whatever..." I grumbled knowing it would never be that easy.

"Seriously Dre, you need to calm down. It won't be that bad and I'll make sure that you won't be overworked." He replied reaching out, grabbing my arm and pulling me into a tight brotherly hug.

Wrapping my own arms around him I buried my face in his chest and took a deep breath trying to calm down. He was always an amazing brother and never treated me like a servant like some of our family did. He even tried to help me find my mate when I couldn't find him or her on my own.

Although none of us succeeded it was still the thought that counted because he didn't have to travel with me all over the place helping out. Actually none of them did. Nick, Imani and Damien all left Devon in charge while they came with me.

"Why am I still alone?" I heard myself asking him.

"When you're supposed to find your mate you will." He reminded me.

"I know but it's been years since you've found your mates and since I've started looking for mine but I can never seem to find him." I told him.

"Or her." He corrected.

"Listen the way this family is turning out I'm guessing that it's going to be a he." I laughed already imagining my mate in all his glory.

My brother and my nephews were both gay and had guy mates. Even Kaya had a male mate along with my fiery nephew Rue which made for an interesting conversation when I found all this out over the phone.

"Well you still never know." He replied with a soft smile as he pulled away from me.

"No. You never know. I want a man. A yummy man who's completely sexy and delicious. Or a really manly man who just takes control of everything. Oh my...That would be amazing." I swooned thinking about my ideal man.

"And that's where I take my leave." He groaned as he walked out of my room.

"I'll see you in the morning!" I shouted after him as he walked towards the door.

I smiled fondly as I watched him leave the room. I couldn't have wished for a better brother than Mateus. He never saw me as some servant like our father did but he treated me like a little brother that he always had to protect. He even allowed me to help him rule. Mateus and I had figured out how to rule the kingdom together so that we weren't completely overwhelmed at all times. Our realm was too large a place to rule alone though and when it was my turn it was usually stressful.