Sex

Anubis had shifted and curled his body around my mortal form as I tried to keep the two of us warm. My hands ran along his furred back comfortingly in order to get him to relax and stop shivering as much. Johan had insisted upon fixing the door, even though I made it clear to him that there would be no way of getting through it until it was also charmed. He is definitely a stubborn man; which is part of the reason we're stuck in this mess.

"We need to find shelter. The nights here are not the friendliest nor are the creatures who manage to survive here." I spoke loud enough for Johan to hear me. He huffed, his breath visible in this freezing temperature.

"You have been here before. Where should we go to rest for the night?" Johan questioned as he dropped a long strip of wood, which I assumed used to be a part of the door frame, and walked over to me.

"It has been a few decades since Mateus and I have been here but I'm sure that there is still a large cave to the north of here where we used to hide out in. That would be our best bet considering there aren't many people who would ever call this their home, save the frost giants of course." I answered.

"Hrimthursar." Johan sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Or that..." I muttered.

"It has been quite a while since I had to deal with one of those. In olden times they would try to abduct my Mistress whenever they could. Since our last battle we have not seen any of them but since times are changing it was to be expected."

"Good, so you're familiar with them. We can use that to our advantage should we run into one here. Until then we need to get moving. Judging by the light that we still have left we only have an hour or two before we're lost in the night."

Nudging Anubis with my elbow had him whining lowly, clearly unhappy with the turn of events. He wasn't made to dwell in this type of temperature for too long. If he wasn't kept warm he wouldn't do well for our remainder here and judging by the state of the door it would be a while before we could leave. We would have to act smart from now on.

"There are plenty of dead branches along the way, try to gather as many as possible and I will do the same. We need to be able to at least create a fire once we find our shelter." I instructed Johan, who simply nodded at me.

Turning my head, I stared ahead at the large forest that awaited us. The trees were tall and thin and I could hear our Father's voice in my head telling the two of us they were called birch trees. He had explained that it was what most of the homes were made of in this region. It was the same type of wood that our doorway was constructed from.

Anubis carefully rose to his feet and simply followed behind me as I walked on. Johan walked behind the two of us relatively quiet, save for the sound of branches snapping off every so often. Hopefully he would collect enough that we would stay warm for the majority of the night, otherwise I was sure that there was a good chance the two of them might freeze tonight.

I had brought only things that I would need for a short trip. They came, without any sort of preparations and got us all stuck here. None of my clothes would fit them and although there was enough food for us to ration for a day or two we would need more until we could figure out our situation.

Thankfully the journey to the cave wouldn't be a long one. It would take us almost an hour if we kept a constant pace and didn't stop. Unfortunately Anubis wasn't doing too well in this frozen type of a landscape and he wasn't walking as fast as Johan and I. Several times I had to slow down to keep him moving and make sure he didn't stop altogether. My heart ached seeing him like this and knowing that it was indeed my fault that he was in this mess. Had I simply went back with them none of this would have happened and he wouldn't be slowly dying out here.