Tíu

The wind had already began to pick up and the temperature had already dropped to depths that could freeze any normal being in their spot and it wasn't even nightfall yet. Anubis and I crawled through the entrance after Kyri and Johan who were pulling the strange beast behind them. We had finally gone out to go hunting and found a smaller creature that was easy to kill and would keep us fed while we waited out the storm. 

Immediately my best friend ran over to the fire that blazed in the center of the cave to warm himself up. He stripped of his clothes and shifted seamlessly into his animal form before burying himself underneath the fur pelt that helped to keep him warm. Johan scoffed as I laughed at his antics. He had become a little bit more used to the temperature here but it still was hard for him to stay out in it for a long time.

 We had spent most of the night deciding how we were going to proceed with everything. Now that we had Kyri on our side it would be easier to get around and find what we were looking for. With him picking up English quite quickly it was as if our luck was beginning to change. We would be out of here in no time.  

Kyri stared at Anubis as if he couldn't quite understand him and I had to smile. It seemed as if Kyri had grown close to Anubis although he couldn't quite understand him very well and I don't blame him. Since meeting Anubis, almost a month ago, I had yet to really understand him. He was quite an enigma. He was serious one minute and then the next he was sillier than anyone I've ever seen.

Johan continued walking forward, bringing Kyri from his silent contimplation of the Egyptian god. He followed behind my mate as they moved to one side of the cave to skin the creature. It was interesting watching the two speak animatedly and I'm sure I caught a slight grin or two from Johan, which made my heart clench a bit. How I wished he would smile at me and not a stranger.

My whole body collapsed in on itself as I sat down on the cave floor besides Anubis. He looked up at me with his huge puppy dog eyes before nuzzling his head into my lap. He stretched out his huge body across my lap in no time. As I struggled to push him off my lap he shifted and wrapped himself in his large pelt.

"He's picking up everything quickly." Anubis mused as he rolled over on my lap and watched Johan and our new cave mate as they cleaned up our meal far away from the fire. It seems that while he was quite curious about the flames it made him uncomfortably warm and he didn't like it. Which only made sense since he was a creature of this realm, he's grown accustomed to the freezing cold.

"Yeah, I wonder what type of creature he is." 

"Do you think he even knows? His only contact with other beings was whenever his grandmother would come and visit him. It's a wonder he even managed to survive this long out in the wilderness." Anubis replied as he curled into my side as the flames warmed us.

"I honestly have no idea. Maybe we can ask him after we've survived this unbelievable storm that's headed our way." 

"I didn't think this place could get any worse and then he tells us that there is a monster storm headed our way with creatures able to survive it walking around looking for anything else that has food. What's to say that one won't find it's way down here? I mean the entrance is fairly well hidden but that's only because nothing has been really looking for us. What happens if one stumbles upon us trying to evade the storm?" Anubis questioned.

"Honestly, nothing is guaranteed. We could end up having to fight every creature in this realm before actually getting home and then we might not come across another ferocious creature for the rest of our time here. It's hard to say what's going to happen." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Way to sound positive." Anubis grumbled.

"I'm just telling the truth." I laughed as I ran my fingers through his silky black hair.