2|Chase

CHAPTER 2

"Man please don't get all depressed and shit," Joel said as I sipped my vodka and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up Joel," I snapped.

"Yes shut up Joel, Addie's last day is today and all you're doing is mocking him. He is bound to be upset. Even though now he's just sulking around," added Ben and I glared at him.

"Guys," Eric said. "Chase has a right to be upset." I sighed loudly as they spoke about me like I wasn't even there.

"Thank you Eric."

I couldn't get over the fact that Addison was leaving. How could she just be leaving?

Her dad had gotten a job offer in San Francisco which caused her whole family to move. Her younger brother and older sister didn't mind the fact that they were leaving but Addison did. "Where did you just go right now?" Eric said as the boys all looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders.

The last thing I wanted to do was to talk.

I should have been with Addison now but Maddison was acting all clingy. I didn't have anything against her, she was a great friend and she was awesome to be around but when she was drunk she was an utter nightmare.

I watched them and saw that Maddison was sitting on Addison's lap as she hugged her.

 I wasn't the only one who was going to miss her.

*****

I was still at the bar but Joel was the only one who was there by my side.

I watched Eric and Addison who were talking, and saw that they were joined by Piper. "Why don't you go and talk to her?" Joel said and I sighed.

"She told me she wanted to wait till the end of the night." I sighed loudly as I took a deep breath.

"Okay so let's take your mind of this depressing night," he said and I smirked at him.

"Now you are talking."

We ordered another drink as we began to take shots.

Joel was plainly awesome to just put it shortly. I could always count on him to make me feel better.

The party was going even crazier. It looked like even more people were turning up.

"Why has she allowed these people to even come?" I asked and Joel laughed at my comment. "I'm being serious right now-"

"I know but this is the party of the century," he replied.

"I wanted a quiet night in," I mumbled and he smirked as he shook his head at my comment.

"Do you still want that?"

We both turned to look at Addison who was standing beside me. Her dark brown curls were hanging loosely over her shoulder and she looked as gorgeous as ever. Her hazel coloured eyes met mine and I could feel myself getting lost in them.

She was leaning on my shoulder and I put the glass down as I wrapped my arms around her. Finally!

"You can't leave your own party Addie," Joel disapprovingly said and I glared at him. This had nothing to do with him. This was her choice and I didn't want him influencing her like he usually did. That was how he rolled. He manipulated people to get what he wanted. He was not going to succeed this time.

"I don't even want to be here," she mumbled as she buried her face into my shoulder.

I brushed her hair away from her face and I kissed her temple.