Chapter 13:- Reconciliation

You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel.  
- Johnny Depp

***********************

3rd Person's POV

"Tanay!" Kavya gasped opening her eyes.
Time seemed to have stopped between them. Both them were caught in an intense eye-lock, so strong that no one could break it.
"You okay Kavya?" Tanay asked finally, steadying her and helping her stand.

"Yaa," she replied, looking everywhere but his eyes. Her gaze raked over his body, trying to find any kind of scar or the slightest hint of an injury. She placed her palm on his cheek and caressed it with her thumb, looking as vulnerable as ever. She was scared; scared that he may have done something serious to himself. Relief filled her as she didn't see any visible marks on his body.

"Kavya, um....can we talk?" He said slowly, placing a hand on her extended one. He was restless to sort out things with her and end this torturous trifle.

Kavya's eyes darted towards his hand and they widened in shock. His knuckles were scraped and she guessed what may have happened.

"Tanay!" She screamed with worry, "Shit! What have you done! You don't even take care of yourself! Come with me." Saying this, she dragged him to her room, which was surprisingly, empty.

She made Tanay sit on the bed and took long strides to the place where she'd seen the first aid kit.

She returned a minute later, rushing towards him as if she hadn't been involved in an accident just some time back. Her face clearly showed signs of worry and tension.

Taking his hand in hers, she did the first aid, her hands shaking in fear. All this time, Tanay tried telling her something, but the fear and worry instilled in Kavya didn't let him. His hands itched to caress her face, to smoothen out any worry lines etched on her face and, to make her his.

As she was applying the antiseptic, Tanay hissed in pain. Bringing his hand near her lips, she softly blew air on it, trying to soothe the pain. While blowing air, Kavya chided," Tanay, yeh kya kar liya hai tumne! Tum pagal  hogaye ho kya! Bache nahi ho tum ab. Thodi der tumhare pass nahi thi toh dekho kya haal kar diya tumne apna, kya khudka itna sa bhi dhyaan nahi rakh sakte? Kya tumhe pata bhi hai ki tum mere liye kitne important ho? Agar tumhe kuch ho jata toh........"  

"Toh kya? Mai kyu itna important hu tumhare liye, huh?" Tanay said almost instantly in a mocking tone, desperately wanting to know the answer.

Kavya stopped and bit her lip, realizing what she had just said. Words failed to come out of her mouth.
Her silence spoke everything and Tanay understood every bit of it. Silence prevailed over them and as they say, silence is sometimes, the best way to communicate.

He tucked the few loose strands of her hair behind her ear. "You know what? I already know that answer."

"What-what....answer," she replied stuttering.

"Yahi, ki you can't live without me," he answered, holding both her hands in his.

"No,.....that's not true, I surely can," she said looking away irritated.

"Oh come on Kavya! Was our relationship so weak? I know you well. I'm acquainted with you and everything about you. Itna toh samajh hi sakta hu ki khudse zyada him ek dusre ki fikar karte hai. I really, really love you," he said, his eyes never leaving hers.

"If this was the case, you wouldn't have done that. You were the one who cheated, okay? Not I !" She said getting frustrated and pointing her forefinger at him.