Action Reaction

Chapter Twenty Four;;

Action - Reaction;;

Nadeline was barely able to evade attack. She was able to shift just enough that Ryan’s fist whistled past her face. The momentum of his movement though had sent his body crashing into Nadeline’s and throwing both of them against the wall behind her.

Ryan regained his composure before Nadeline; he shifted his forearm up and pushed against her neck. She could see the movement in the room over the vampire’s shoulder. Aiden had lunged at Louis, as had Patricia.

“Dalia…” Nadeline was able to choke out; it was difficult to breathe with her vocal chords being pinched.

“Yes, yes. I’ll get to your pet as well.” Ryan nodded, but luckily the others got what she had meant. Katrina and her father slipped out the window. Patricia was neglected in battle, standing by as Aiden and Louis fought. She was too afraid of attacking Aiden in their mobile fight to get involved herself. Instead, the older women moved with Louis’s back until she could slip out the main entrance.  

“You idiot,” Louis laughed. He landed a punch on Aiden and sent him crashing into the bed, splintering the headboard. “The others are already dispatching her. Did you really think you could take advantage of my kindness and get away with it?” Aiden struggled to get up, his legs being tangled up in the fantastic blanket.

Nadeline strained against Ryan, trying to get to Aiden. “Help,” she whimpered as Ryan punched her in the gut.

“I was going to ask you to be my mate, you know.” Ryan whispered, pushing himself against Nadeline so he was whispering in her ear. “But now I think I’ve got a better plan for you.”

Nadeline shivered as he spoke, though she couldn’t see his face she could hear him smirking.  “Louis, do you want an example of what the blood can do?”

Before Louis could respond Nadeline took advantage of Ryan’s proximity and bit into his shoulder as hard as she could. His howl of surprise and pain brought a tear to her eye because she had wanted to be his mate, but she could never betray her friends.

Ryan was quick to respond. He took a fistful of her hair, sidestepped, and flung her into the room. Her body tumbled through the air and crashed into Louis, luckily saving Aiden from a blow and allowing him time to recover.

Louis snarled at the interruption of his attack and Ryan was not through with her yet. They both lunged at her. Her senses were superior to that of any human, but these vampires were older, faster, and more agile than she could dream of being. Deflecting their oncoming attacks was all she was capable of, but if she were lucky that was all she would need.

Aiden did not do as Nadeline had hoped, she was just able to deflect attacks coming from both Louis and Ryan, and she’d hoped Aiden would accept her sacrifice and go find Cooper or Dalia, or at the very least save himself. But no, he could never give her what she wanted, he had to join the thrall of fighting vampires and try to save her.

His presence in the thrall was more hindrance than help, when he was forgotten on the side Nadie was able to think of everyone else as enemy, but now she had to register first whether they were an opponent or Aiden and that slowed her.

She and Aiden had started off greatly disadvantaged – they'd been taken by surprise, and both Ryan and Louis were older than they were and thus had more developed skills – but now they were slowed by his stupidity.

She would have growled at him for interfering, but she took a blow to the gut from Ryan before she had the chance and she crashed into the wardrobe against the wall. She tumbled to the ground in a spray of splinters and dislodged clothing.