Blood Disease

Chapter Six;;

Blood Disease;;

Cooper let Aiden drag her out of the mysterious room she'd woken in. She noted the two girls as they came out. One was a petite brunette with her hair curled into a crown of braids. She had really stunning bright eyes. The other was taller but just as slim, and looked fifty times as intimidating. She had sleek blonde hair. Something about her reminded her of Britney.

 Cooper didn't really take note of which way they were going, she was going to make Aiden come back to the room with her after meeting the cult. She needed to talk to him alone and she didn't really want the two girls that were following them to overhear or pay attention to what she had to say. And she really wanted to argue with him about her predicament.

She looked back at the women who were following closely in silence.

As if reading her mind the brunette smiled, “I’m Nadeline.”  She was the one who’d had the chiming laughter.

The other girl looked at Nadeline silently for a moment then shook off her air of condescension. Looking at Cooper with a tiny grin she said, “Hi. I’m Dalia.” She was so much less intimidating when she smiled, but Cooper still didn’t allow herself to trust her. She didn’t trust either of them. They were, of course, the enemy.

"So where exactly are we going?" Cooper asked, not bothering to introduce herself. She was their toy. They were just going to use her. So what did it matter if they knew her name or not?  It wasn’t like they actually cared.

Aiden opened his mouth to answer but he was cut off by Dalia, "Oh, we're only taking you to the feasting hall." Her voice sounded so casual but it was very taunting. Cooper knew she was only trying to scare her, and it was probably not where they were going at all, but it worked. She was scared. She wanted to go back home, to be far away.

Nadeline shook her head lightly, as Aiden snapped at Dalia. "Would you stop it, Dalia? Unlike most of your victims, she is not a toy and you are not to frighten her."

Dalia rolled her eyes, and mumbled something Cooper didn’t hear. If she didn’t know better, Cooper would have said that was nice of him. That’s it, she thought. I am actually going to go full out crazy. It won’t be long now.

They approached this large wooden door with intricate carvings. Cooper felt her heart pumping a million miles a second, no one else had actually answered her question. Maybe they were going to the feasting hall. She was hyper-aware of the blood rushing through her veins. Dalia seemed to notice because she gave Cooper another grin, though it looked as though she were aiming to be, well, reassuring.

Aiden probably noticed too, because he reached for her hand - which she was too afraid to pull away - and whispered, "They won't hurt you." She nodded dumbly and forcibly slowed her breathing.

“We’re only going to be talking right now, and doing introductions of course.” Nadeline smiled as Aiden opened the doors and urged her through. As they waltzed in Nadeline hugged Cooper from behind and whispered, "You'll be fine. If any one goes for you Dali and I will rip their throats out."

Cooper almost laughed, but then she remembered Aiden saying they were part of a cult and started to think she was actually serious. The attempt at reassuring her back fired and Cooper suddenly felt more nervous than ever. They probably could do it too. She really wished Nadeline wouldn’t touch her; she was a vampire after all.