Money Can't Buy Her Drink

Spartan arose from the water screaming, and realized he had to get back to Jonas. He flew back to the cottage. When he made it back he saw Jonas asleep on the couch. With a sigh of relief he went to bed. The next morning they decided it was time to introduce Spartan to people. They trotted out the door. By the time they reached Aincrad they were ready for lunch. Spartan volunteered to get food. He walked toward the cafe when a women dressed beautifully in black and white, carrying scrolls of parchment bumped into him. She dropped all of her things. "I'm so sorry sir." she spoke softly.

"No, no, It's my fault."

He helped her pick up the scrolls.Then he stopped and looked at her eyes. Golden. "Pardon me miss but, your eyes are beautiful."

Her pale white face began to blush bright red. Then she responded. "Thank you, a, and you look very dashing yourself sir."

"Thank you too, might I ask your name miss?"

"Evelyn, my name is Evelyn. And you?"

He hesitated. A name he needed a name. He can't say Spartan, Because everyone knows him. He had to think fast. He looked at a satchel and saw it was tore...

"I'm Latch, Latch Tomsworthy." He felt a relief upon him and a new name.

"Hee hee, Hello their Latch Tomsworthy. What are you doing here this morning?"

"I came here for food, but seeing you here. It must be for something more." This made her giggle, at the thought of someone coming just to meet her.

"Well can I buy you a drink?"

"No." This made her smile go away.

"Can I buy you a drink?" Her smile came back.

"Sure." They walked toward the tavern, Jonas saw them walking.

"Aww. My little demon is all grown up." Jonas laugh and walked back toward a blacksmiths supplies shop.

"Alcoholic?" Latch said nervous.

"No. Just a beverage."

"Two sodas please. I prefer not to drink alcohol either." She giggled.