Chapter 28

Maya's POV:

The rest of my party went by perfectly, Dad and Cory made a spectacular joint speech, followed by a slow dance with them, and then a slow dance with my fiancé. Gosh, it feels so weird saying that. I'm gonna be Maya Matthews! I'll be Riley's Aunt! She'll be my niece! I am so gonna take the piss out of Riley, although not yet, she has more important stuff to worry about.

Josh and I are now sat in his college dorm, we wanted to have some time just the two of us today, and Josh currently has a dorm to himself, it's only temporary though.
I snuggle closer into Josh, he wraps his arm round me.
"Are you okay?" He asks, concerned.
"Why did she have to come? She ruined an all but perfect day!" I began to cry.
As I continue to sob my heart out, Josh holds me tightly, strokes my hair and comforts me.
"Sshh. You'll be okay. I love you, you'll be okay." He says, over and over again.
After a while, my cries fade into light sobs.
"Maya. Look at me." He said softly.
I bring my head out of his chest, wipe my eyes and look into his beautiful blue eyes.
"I promise you, that for as long as I am alive, I will never, ever let anyone else hurt you. Because, remember, I fucking love you." He says, and he means it, I can see it in his eyes.
"Thank you." I whisper.
"For what?"
"Teaching me happiness, and true love does actually exist."
"What do you mean?"
"Until a little while ago, all I knew was heartbreak, then you came back into my life. And now I am here with you, the person I will love, and cherish until the end of time." I say softly, and I mean every word.
He kisses me softly.
"You know what we are?" He asks.
"What?"
"We are endgame. You know it. I know it. And that's all that matters."
I kiss him, romantically.
We lay back on his bed. As I lie in his arms, I sigh happily.
"I can't believe you are gonna be my wife." Josh chuckles.
"I can't believe I'm gonna be my best friend's Aunt." I mimic him slightly.
"I love you." He says in a silly tone.
"I love you." I say, sillier.
I fall asleep in his warm, and safe embrace.