Chapter 63

Previously:
"So, let's get down to business." Mr Friar says, talking about the baby.
Oh boy.
This ain't gonna be pretty...
_______________________________________

"Neither of you two are capable of raising a child, you are only sophomores!" Mrs Friar tells us.
"I am almost 17 and technically a junior in case you have forgotten!" Lucas reminds.
"But legally, you are a sophomore Lucas."
"Miss Matthews, are your parents aware of the pregnancy?" Mr Friar asks.
"Yes, they are fully on board."
"But isn't your father a teacher?"
"The Principal in September, yes." I say.
"And what do you plan on doing for school?"
"We're currently being homeschooled." I say.
"We? Currently?" Mrs Friar begins to raise her voice.
"Just how pregnant are you Miss Matthews?" Mr Friar questions, clearly oblivious to the very big and clear bulge in my mid area.
"Riley is se-seven months along." Lucas announces nervously, I place my hand on his.
"Well, abortion is clearly out of the question, now. Ah! I have a friend who is looking to adopt a new born!" Mrs Friar exclaims.
"Hold on. You kept this from us for 7 MONTHS?" Mr Friar begins to yell, I feel Lucas tense up, in attempt to relax him slightly, I take his hand and place it on the baby, who is kicking at all the loud noise, I think she is afraid, as am I beginning to feel, he always softens at the feel of her kick.
"I-I'm sorry." Lucas says.
"What about I give you my friends number and we organise a meeting?" Mrs Friar suggests, she is really getting on nerves, she is not going to tell me what to do with my baby girl, after seven months of me making my own decisions for my girl's benefit.
"Mom. Who's house do you think this is?" Lucas asks, reading my mind completely.
"Riley's parents."
"It's ours. We are moving in officially in two weeks!" Lucas says, almost laughing at how oblivious his parents our.
"How can you afford to?"
"We were bought it as a gift. And we're given a load of money as a gift too." Lucas explains.
"Who?" His dad asks, annoyed.
"Pappy Joe bought us the apartment and Cletis gave us a load of money."
"We are looking for jobs too, it's just we have been through a lot lately." I add, sadly.
"Ah. The shooting, a couple of people died. So, you were affected how?" Mrs Friar says smugly, this time I can't help Lucas and his anger.
"HOW DID IT AFFECT US? ZAY! MY BEST FRIEND DIED! SMACKLE! ANOTHER OF MY BEST FRIENDS! WE ALMOST DIED TOO! THE GUN WAS UP AGAINST RILEY AND I FOUGHT WITH THE GUNMAN! OH AND NOT TO FORGET THAT RILEY IS PREGNANT AND WAS TRAPPED IN THE FIRE FOR A WHILE TOO!" He cries, it is the first time he has spoken about the actual event itself.
"Oh." Mrs Friar said.
"Cletis and Pappy Joe have you stuff? Why?"
"Because they genuinely care and accept that nobody is perfect! That's why!"
"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO US LIKE THAT LUCAS!" Mr Friar roars.
That's it, I can't take it anymore, for the baby's sake, and for Lucas's and my own. I am gonna blow.
I leap up.
"THAT IS IT! IF YOU TWO CANNOT EXCEPT THAT LUCAS AND I HAVE MADE A MISTAKE AND HAVE ACCEPTED THE CONSEQUENCES MATURELY BUT FEEL YOU STILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO TELL US WHAT TO DO WITH OUR BABY GIRL THAN LEAVE!" I shout and point to the door.
They stare at me in disbelief, Lucas puts his arm around my protectively.
"I SAID LEAVE!" I repeat myself.
"Okay, we are." Mrs Friar says taking her husband's hand.
"Lucas! If you stay here with this rude, fat slut than you are no longer my son." Mr Friar warns. Oh no, this is gonna be bad. Lucas lets go of me immediately and storms over to his father.
"HOW DARE YOU, COME INTO MY HOUSE AND INSULT THE MOTHER OF MY DAUGHTER AND ONE I LOVE?" Lucas roars, pinning his dad up to the wall.
"LUCAS! PLEASE! NO!" I cry, scared.
Lucas listens to me.
"You have 8 seconds to leave you or it'll be me punching you out. Understood?" He says, releasing his father.
"8," He begins. They start to hurry out the door. "7. 6. 5." They are gone.

I slam the door and rush over to Lucas and hug him tightly.
"Is she okay?" Lucas asks concerned, looking me in the eye with both of his hand placed in a protective position over her.
"Perfect, we were just a little shaken up." I say as she gives a kick.
"We really need to start avoiding any slight stresses, it really isn't good for you and the baby. We don't what happening, especially after his far we have come and what we have been through." I kiss him lightly.
"Thanks for not killing him." I whisper.
"Should've done, what he said was unacceptable."
"Lucas. I'm over it, please do the same?"
"Okay." He sighs, I kiss him with the at most passion.
"You know... It was really sexy the way you yelled earlier." Lucas tells me.
"Oh really now? Well in that case." I kiss him passionately again and he lifts me up not breaking the kiss, I wrap my legs around his waist. We make out on the spot for our while when I make a decision.
"It's okay to you know." I say between kisses.
"Okay. Yes please!" He says and starts walking to our bedroom, I am still in his arms wrap around his torso.
"You sure?" He asks in between kisses.
"Definitely. Just take it slow." I say as he carefully lays me on the end of the bed and we begin to strip each other.

What a night it was. Wow.

I wake up due to sun peeping into the room and the baby kicking me, I think she is telling me to move because she wanted to be more comfortable and I find myself entangled with Lucas, I smile and kiss his cheek.
"You know I will never let anyone get hurt you, or our girl, like what happened with my parents I am sorry." He whispers.
"I know. Afterwards though. Wow."
"I have one thing to say. Despite it being obvious you are, if you weren't pregnant before you definitely are now. Damn you are good pregnant."
I hit him playfully.
"Before it was my first time!" I protest.
"And mine." He says, I smile.
I go and do my morning routine in the bathroom and get dressed. When I go to the living room, I hear Lucas sounding serious on the phone. He hangs up and comes and hugs me.
"They got them, baby." He whispers.
"The shooters?"
"Yeah. It's over. Charlie and Vanessa. They have been put away for a very long time long time. 2 accounts of murder and arson. 45 years each." He tells me.
I sigh.
We have breakfast and I grab my bag.
"You look so beautiful, where are you going?" He asks curiously.
"To take Maya out to tell her about bring Godmother etc etc. We won't have a lot on Riley Maya alone time soon." I say.
"Have fun and be careful." He kisses me.
"Goodbye my love."
"Thanks again for last night. I really needed the stress relief." He calls as I head out to my car, holding my bump rather proudly.