Chapter 2

The Apparent Engagement

Eula's POV

I walked to the parking lot and saw Luhan leaning on the hood of his black car, with his dark shades and handsome shirt and jeans. I did my best not to swoon while looking at him from top to bottom. Even though I wanted to burst out and tell him about the apparent engagement we are in, I can't help but check him out first.

I couldn't do this when I was his babysitter.

"Should you always look like a Hallyu star when you leave the house? Seriously." I said, walking to my side of the car.

Luhan jogged beside me and then jumped ahead of me. I looked at him in surprise and he just smiled and opened the door for me like I was someone royal. Unbelievable. Is it me or my hair just got longer in two seconds?

"So, shall we go?" he asked after closing his side of the door.

He put the key into the ignition but didn't turn it. I waited for him to do so but when the car still isn't moving, he poked my arm making me look at him.

"What?" I asked.

Luhan didn't say anything. He just smiled and then tapped his right cheek. Even though I couldn't see his eyes through those glasses I know their making cute movements right now. For an evil deer, he has way too much charm.

"Just one, princess... pretty please."

I slapped his cheek lightly and when I leaned to kiss him, he turned to face me so that my lips landed directly on his. I instantly pulled back, feeling blood rushing up my cheeks. He pursed his lips and reached beside me to pull my seatbelt. After strapping me in, he finally started the car with a stupid grin on his face.

"You-if Suho-Oppa saw us, he'd flip!" I sneered at him and lightly hit his arm.

"What did I do? It was an accident." He bit his lower lip to stop his laugh. "Relax, princess. We almost did more last night, remember?"

"Aish!"

As usual, he drove fast and I had to hold on to the handle bar with both my hands like my life depended on it. I let out muffled screams as he threaded through the busy highway, swerving left and right and left and right and probably over and beyond if he had the chance.

"Luhan, if you don't slow down, I swear-ahh!" I screamed when we nearly missed a head on collision with a family van.

I heard Luhan laugh but I didn't see him. I shut my eyes tight, dreading the scene in front of me. Why won't he be normal for once?

For the engagement.

Suddenly, I remembered the engagement. Does he know about it? Well, there's only one way to find out. I bravely opened my eyes and looked at him, shutting off the view from the windshield.

"D-did you know that Kai congratulated me a while ago?" My voice shook and cracked terribly when I spoke.

"Oh really? For what?" He asked after pressing the horns at a red car.

"For our engagement."

If the drivers in the country were bad drivers and the seatbelts in Luhan's car were the cheap type, we'd be dead right now, our insides sprawled all over the highway like a road kill. Luhan hit on the brakes in the middle of the road. Making the back tires smoke a little at the sudden blast of friction. We both leaned forward, the seatbelt saving my precious life for the nth time.

"I'm sorry, Eula. But did I hear you say OUR engagement?" Luhan took his sunglasses off and his beautiful eyes stared back at me with an emotion I couldn't quite place.