Chapter 33

A Secret Eye, A Clandestine Heart

Sehun's POV

I am aware of one fact ever since the day I first saw Eula: she could change lives... not only my brot

her's but all of our lives. It might sound too cheesy to say that she is different from other girls but it's the truth. Eula sees life in a different light. Her satisfaction comes purely from being able to take care of the important people in her life.

I kissed her back then because...

There was a certain feeling in my chest I tried hard to contain and succeeded. But recently, my eyes have found a reason to let it out again. I would have easily kept it in again but this time, I am not willing to do so.

"Do you love her?" Xiumin hyung asked me.

I was in my room after that cold morning when the kiss happened. A few minutes later, Xiumin hyung knocked on my door.

"What do y-you mean?"

I cursed myself for still stuttering. My conversation with Luhan hyung shook me too much that I wondered if it was just the cold that's freezing me right now. I placed the hot pack closer to my stomach as Xiumin hyung watched me.

"I saw you."

I looked at him, knowing perfectly well what he was talking about. I looked away and pretended not to know.

"Have you ever wondered what it was like if Luhan was the one in that accident and not you?"

"I never thought about that!" I was too horrified at what he said, never expecting him to say such thing.

Xiumin hyung shook his head, put his hands in his pockets and leaned back on the wall. He smiled but I doubted if it was of happiness. I stared at him, waiting for him to take back what he said but he didn't.

"If it were him, you would have been the one left alone here." He said, "But you are a lot different from your blood brother. You wouldn't react like him, I'm sure of that."

"What are you trying to say, hyung?"

"You wouldn't rebel against mom and she wouldn't have found the need to adopt kids, to hire women or whatever."

I was left speechless by what Xiumin hyung was saying. He was the last person I'd expect to say such things. But he proved me wrong.

"Hyung, there's nothing wrong w-"

"It would have been just you three without us all here." His tone sounded distant, "Your brother would have gotten healed and came back here good as new. No need for us, or Luna or even Eula... your Eula."

I froze. Why do I feel like Xiumin hyung knows more than I think?

"I... I don't understand what you mean." I told him.