Chapter 8

The Left Hook

Eula's POV

Chen's outdoor shoot main concept is the sunrise so we had to go to the location hours before the sun actually rises. I've got a cold from yesterday's jog and...

Sehun.

Why did he do that? And why am I bothered by it? It must be just an accident or maybe the temperature froze his mind and thought I was his girlfriend from a dream or something. That must be it right?

"A penny for your thoughts, miss?" Chen appeared beside me, his hands buried in the pockets of his thick jacket.

"Nah... Why would a pop star care about what an ordinary girl is thinking?" I smiled at him and rubbed my nose a little.

"Yeah. You know most of us never really care unless..." He trailed off and I looked at him, waiting for him to continue.

"Unless?" I prompted but he just flashed his cheeky smile and ruffled my hair.

Thank God I didn't style it today or he's totally going to get it. I forced a smile despite my searing headache and continued on with my job. Chen came to me during intervals to check on me and when my temperature rose in the past half hour, he asked for a break and attended to me.

"Take this, Eula." Chen gave me a medicine tablet from his first aid pouch and handed me a bottle of water.

"Thank you so much Jongdae-ah. You're so sweet."

He smiled and patted my back gently. His presence used to be too annoying for me but now, it's actually making me comfortable. After another half hour, I felt better than before and decided to go back to the office.

"Oh, careful." Chen caught me when I slightly lost my balance while getting out of the van.

"Thanks."

We walked in, with me too weak to find anything wrong with Chen's arm over my shoulder. But then, when we got in, everybody was unusually quiet. And then I saw Luhan with his back on me... and someone's hand on the back of his head like they were... kissing?

"What's... going on?" I said weakly, feeling my body weaken more.

When Luhan turned to me, it was only a matter of seconds before his eyes landed on Chen's hand on my shoulder. Next thing I know, Chen is on the floor and Luhan followed, pulling back his fist to throw another punch.

"Luhan stop..." My throat burned.

"How dare you touch her!" Luhan shouted at him.

"What the hell are you angry about after you kissed another girl?" Chen said in a mocking tone.

"You son of a—"

"Luhan..."

I caught his arm just as he was about to punch again, making me fall on the floor. I think I let out a sound of pain but I'm not sure. My whole system is slowly breaking down.

"Oh gosh. Eula. Can you get up?" Suho appeared beside me and I wondered how long he's been there. "Luhan. Stop that. Now!"

With this, Luhan let go of Chen and came to me but Suho picked me up and carried me. It was too embarrassing to walk through the office in my brother's arms but that time, I was thankful he did. The fever and the scene I just saw made my legs incapable of walking.

"Eula, are you—" Luhan caught up behind us and I just looked at him sadly.

"Luhannie dear, where are you going?" It was probably the girl.