• d i x

b.allen - - -

"Hey," Barry totally forgot all about his heavily stained shirt when he saw her familiar eyes, "Shay, I'd never thought that I would see you here."

She slightly laughed before gesturing to the coffee shop that they were in front of, "Are you serious? This is Jitters. Everybody goes to Jitters."

Barry just stared at her to admire her beauty. The clear pale skin that contrasts with her light eyes and dark long hair. The smile that goes with the pearly white teeth. She was just so perfect.

"Anyway," she grabbed the boy's hand, "I'll get you coffee to try to repay you for the shirt. It's the least I can do."

"No, guys should pay in a date," Barry internally slapped himself for what he just said.

The light eyed woman smiled, "Well, this isn't a date. I guess, I win. I'm getting you coffee."

She then led him to the counter where they got face to face with the one and only, Iris West, "One iced mocha and one coffee please."

"Barry, what the hell happened to your shirt?" Iris whisper-yelled.

"It's my fault," Shay came into the rescue, "I wasn't looking and accidentally slammed into this gorgeous human being."

Both Barry and Iris were shocked with what she just called Barry. The boy's cheeks flushed while his childhood friend couldn't keep the giggles to herself.

Iris cleared her throat and announced, "One iced mocha and one coffee, coming right up."

After a few minutes, their orders were served by Iris, "To the gorgeous beings in Central City."

Chuckling while fetching their drinks, Shay thanked the young West and left the shop with Barry.

"Again, I'm terribly sorry. I hope to see you again, but without the coffee stains," she pointed at his shirt. She looked at her watch and said, "Bye Barry."

He didn't know how many minutes he stood there holding his coffee, so he quickly ran to the labs.

"Are you expecting all of us to share one cup of coffee?" Cisco pointed his index finger to the cup on Barry's grip.

"I'll be right back," he ran back to Jitters with a smile on his face.

- - -

in celebration of the 20k reads that this story received, here is chapter 10 !!!

okiee don't forget to vote and comment muah :)

ily all x

-k x