1. Retired Bounty Hunter.

The cold rain pounded hard against the window pane of a dimly lit room. A woman sat, tilting her chair back on two legs as she watched the darkened sky continue to pelt the cobble stone streets with its freezing droplets.

The bustle of the pub below grew loud as the night wore on, but then grew more silent as the wee hours of the morning had taken place of the late night.

Finally, the time had arrived. The woman sitting alone in her room had risen from her chair, which she balanced on precariously, and stepped towards the door. Her bag in tow, she creaked the door open just slightly, only enough to peer out into the hall so as to make sure the coast was clear. Seemingly satisfied, she quietly clicked the door closed, and turned towards the stairs of the creaking inn. She had barely taken a few steps when another woman appeared at the end of the hallway, a slightly amused expression on her face.

“Thinking to escape?” the newly arrived woman asked, her dark brown and purple hair tied behind her. 

The other woman tensed, trying to find a way out undetected so she did not cause more ruckus than needed.

A quick movement from the woman at the end of the hall had rendered the other woman stiff and rigid. With a surprisingly soft thud, she landed on the ground unable to move. “I’ll be carting you back to Azkaban.” the woman uttered, grabbing the rope that she created out of thin air, and pulling the other woman along behind her after tying the rope to her ankles.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Wotcher, Smat.” one of the guards leading into Azkaban nodded at the woman, who was now carrying another woman on her shoulder. “Who you got there, then?”

Alice nodded in greeting, but getting right down to business. “Amelia Draglock.” you watched as the man’s eyes scrolled down the list of wanted witches and wizards, and then tick off the name. Dropping her roughly on the ground, you collected your gallons and left. Azkaban was not somewhere you liked to frequent.

Leaving the grounds of Azkaban, you turned and disapparated. Although it was unpleasant, you have gotten quite used to the sensation of having your lungs squeezed. You walked up the familiar path, glancing around to make sure you weren’t being followed. It had been three years since you were home. As you continued to walk forward, the scene that happened years ago flashed before your eyes.

You could hear the familiar voices in the dining room, they seemed joyful, and almost carefree. You pushed the doors aside, and stepped into the now deadly silent room, it had been weeks since you came out of your room, and now, you had finally re-appeared.

Narcissa smiled at you, Lucius stared for a moment, but turned his attention back to your father. Draco however, had a slight grin on his face.

He asked to be excused, and stood from his chair, “come for a walk?” he whispered in your ear as he passed by you.

You turned and followed him out of the doors and into the gardens.

“Nice day, isn’t it?” Draco asked, looking towards the sky, then glanced at you.

You smiled slightly, casting a glance towards the sky. Your eyes seemed to have a little bit of life back in them. “I’m going to be leaving.” you said quietly, slowing to a stop near a bench.

Draco stopped and turned to get a good look at you, “leaving where?”

You shrugged, “I don’t know yet…. Go wherever life takes me, I guess…” you responded. You knew this was something you had to do, something that would help ease the pain of loosing Fred.