14. Wait... What?

The day was somber. That night many of the bodies of the comrades that aided in the battle a few days previous, had been taken back to their homeland, while the bodies of those who remained were to be buried by the lake, if the family allowed it.

Many students had gathered around the two caskets that lay in front of the lake. Both Alex and Sari's parents allowed them to be buried at the school.

A bronze and blue banner decorated with a large raven was delicately draped over Sari's coffin, while a silver and emerald one embroidered with a serpent decorated Alex's coffin.

Both the students parents were crying silently at the sight of the beautifully decorated caskets that held the bodies of their children. The fathers holding the mothers, the mothers crying into the chest of the fathers, while all of them shared the thought of 'why their child.... where were their teachers?'

Of course, no one could blame the parents for being so distraught. Anyone would be upset, justifiably so. Had any one else lost a child, they would probably be feeling something similar as the two sets of parents who were in complete shambles at the moment, as well.

McGonagall had hushed the crowd with a respectful lowering over her hand, and the removal of her hat. “It is unfortunate that we gather under the circumstances that we have gathered here for. We must lay to rest two comrades, and two wonderfully gifted students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.”

A few students eyes were watering, becoming embarrassed about it, they quickly wiped away the tears with their sleeves, and tried to put on a brave face.

“Both of these students have recently lost their lives trying to protect the school, their friends, and their fellow classmates. Although may not be with us any longer, they will never be forgotten.” McGonagall finished, slowly stepping down from the alter between the two caskets.

The soft humming of mournful birds strummed through the slight breeze, imitating the sound of a single violin.

As the crowds stood, the two caskets were lowered into the dirt, and then covered and sealed off, a small statue of each student arose from the ground, Sari's with a raven perched on her arm, and Alex's with a snake around his neck.

Quietly the students filed back into the school. They were given the day off in order to grieve for their two comrades, however, O.W.L.S and N.E.W.T.S, and end of the year exams were coming up, and everyone did really did need to study.

“Your O.W.L.S will not be easy.” you said passing the front of the classroom, giving your students a stern look. “You will be tested on everything you have learned in a practical manner. Make sure you study.”

Seconds after you finished speaking, the bell signifying the end of class rang, followed by the familiar noise of scraping chairs, and the rustling of bags as they were filled with books and swung over shoulders.

You had a spare period, deciding to waste your time roaming the halls, making sure no students weren't horsing around when they should be using the time to study. As you roamed the halls, you had come across no students who decided it would also be a good idea to roam the school.

“Make sure you all do your review for your N.E.W.T.S, it will not be easy.” Draco yawned, waving his hand in a shooing motion just as the bell rang, signifying dinner time. He gathered the papers on his desk, and sent them into his office with a smooth swish of his wand, before heading towards the Great Hall for dinner.

The halls filled with students as they made their way towards the Great Hall for dinner. There was the typical chatter, but everyone was still shaken by the deaths of Alex and Sari. A somber and depressed air still hung above their heads, along with the stress of end of the year exams.