Chapter 5

I woke up screaming, and twisting around in my bed. After taking a few deep breaths and calming down a bit, I got out of bed and went over to the window, opening the curtains. It was pitch black outside. I must have slept through the whole day.

I got dressed, and went into the living room, sitting down on the sofa, and turned on the TV. I turned on the news channel, but instantly regretted it. A live broadcast from Texas showed hordes of zombie like people roaming aimlessly in the abandoned streets of a small town. Other people were acting crazy and were jumping all around, shaking violently, and even dancing around small fires. I realized in horror that the plan to travel to Texas would no doubt fail. Once we got there or even before we got there, Carter and I and whoever else might join us would be eaten by these infected people. Texas was slowly falling apart. While thinking this, I remembered my dream, and the infected man hanging from the ceiling. I shook the thought out of my head, but for some strange reason, continued to watch. The broadcast ended for a few minutes, and a female news anchor was saying something about the virus that was spreading.

"Scientists have now concluded that there are several stages of the Anon virus from a new study", she was saying. "Scientists say that the infected people in Stage 1 aimlessly roam streets, and are not hostile. As the infection progresses, they might become more hostile towards anything that moves, and their sanity starts to slip. That is known as Stage 2. Stage 3 of the Anon virus causes people's minds to shut down 90% so that the virus can enter the brain, and take over. And the final stage of the Anon virus, Stage 4, is the deterioration of people's physical appearance. Their skin starts to rot, as well as their inner organs. But since the virus still has control over the host's body, the host still moves around, though very slowly, like a shuffle, because the host's bones also start to degrade, thus turning the host into a zombie like human." She finished.

I thought the news anchor's words over, and realized that now that scientists known this information, maybe it can help them find a cure for the virus before it gets any worse.

All of the sudden, I heard several screams. I looked at the screen and noticed several figures walking through the newsroom. The news anchor screamed and then looked back at the camera.

"If anyone is watching this, please listen. You have to stay indoors, and board up every door, window, and opening in your home. The virus spreads easily, and quickly, and everyone needs to stay safe. Please make sure to stock up on supplies. Do NOT go outside unless it is completely necessary. I repeat, do NOT go outside. Please." She pleaded.

"Stay safe, and may God help us all."

And just as a zombie was about to bite into the again screaming anchor, the signal cut out.