Chapter 5

Hey guys!!!!!!!!!! I’m soooo sorry I haven’t up loaded lately!!!! I know I deserve to die to those who are actually reading this. I just had my birthday thing so I was busy! :’( So, I just got a new camera!!!! It’s awesome, and matches my laptop. LOL. Anywhoooooo, Jordan, eh? Bet you didn’t see that comin! Lol no, I bet you probably did :b It was fairly predictable. To me, anyways, but then again, I wrote it :3 Btw, Sooooo mad!!!!!! My flippin word program doesn’t work anymore!!!!! Now I have to use the crappy one that I don’t like, Poo. Anyways, this is the next chapter and what did you think about the last one? So yaa I love you all <3

XXXxxxXXXxxx Sage

===========================================================================

“Jordan? Are you ok??” I asked frantically. Oh god… If something happened to him… Wait, why do I care? He helped hold me captive. I should leave him. I thought to myself.

“A-Aden?” he said quietly. “Is that you?”

“Yea, it’s me. Jordan, what happened?” I asked “One minute I’m being put into a room, and then everything’s black, and I woke up with all this.”

“I’ll explain it all later, maybe… after we get out of here?” he said with pain evident in his voice.

“Oh. Right. Let’s go” I said feeling like an idiot; of course he wants to leave. Stupid, stupid, stupid Aden!

“Ok. I think I broke my leg, but I can’t feel it so I’m no quite sure. What I need you to do is help me get up and walk out of here.” he said with an intense look.

“Ok.” I said quietly.

        As soon as I could rip my gaze away from his beautiful brown eyes I tried to remove all the wood and ash away from his body, and was surprised to find that it all seemed so light. Normally I would be struggling my hardest to lift one of the fallen beams off his legs, but I found myself able to lift two at a time (one in each hand) with ease. Ha! This is so cool! I thought to myself. Oh. Right. Jordan. I mentally shook myself. I continued to pull logs off him until there was nothing blocking his way up. I sat there and stared at him for a moment.

“Umm, Aden?” He said.

I looked at him, confused

“Help me up?” he asked softly

“Oh. R-right” I muttered, cheeks burning.

        He chuckled and I got down to help him up. I pulled him up into a sitting position, and slipped his arm over my shoulder and slowly pulled him up. He let out grunts of pain so I tried to stand up slowly and smoothly as I could. I saw that this was no help whatsoever so I gave up and stood up straight as fast as I could.

“Ow!” he yelled in surprise and glared at me accusingly.

“Sorry! Had to get it over with though. Like a band aid.” I explained

“Oooooh…” He said in realization.

I winked at him and started walk/dragging him out of the laboratory. I got to the wall before I looked at him questioningly.

“Turn right in the hallway to our left, then left, then right, then right, and there’s a door you have to open. There’s a code you have to enter. The code is 968-9455-343-4373. Can you remember that?”

“Right in the hallway to our left, left, right, right, door, code, 968-9455-343-4373.” I said quickly

       He looked at me approvingly and we set off. I followed his directions to a T, and within 10 minutes we were out in the open. What I saw there ran my blood cold.

“What the penguin is this all about?” I asked incredulously.

I heard a snort.

“What the penguin?” he asked, mockingly

“Don’t’ get smart with me. But why here? This is sick, Jordan. Sick!

        I looked around. I had been in the abandoned house across the street from mine this whole time. Every scream, every match, everything that had been done to me had been done across from my parents. From my room. From my life. I turned and glared at Jordan, demanding answers. He turned away, looking guilty.

“Don’t you dare turn away from me Jordan.” I said dangerously

“I can turn away from you whenever I want! Don’t tell me what to do!” he yelled back angrily

“TELL ME WHY NOBODY CAME TO HELP A GIRL WHO WAS SCREAMING IN THE BOTTOM OF A BASEMENT!” I screamed back

BECAUSE I TOLD THEM YOU WERE CRAZY AND THIS WAS NORMAL!” he screamed right back.

YOU TOLD THEM WHAT?! YOU ASS! I ACTUALLY THOUGHT YOU CARED ABOUT ME AND WERE DIFFERENT THAN THOSE SICKO’S, but I was obviously wrong. Your worse.” I felt my anger ebbing away into the feeling of heart break. “I’m such an idiot.”

“You’re not and idiot, Aden. It’s my fault. I shouldn’t have said that.” he said softly

“Really? I had no idea.” I said sarcastically. Hey, I’m still mad at him.

        He gritted his teeth.

“No I shouldn’t have. But the truth is, I did have a reason. They did have my family, and they were going to kill them. That’s why I helped them hold you. That’s why I stood by and did nothing. I didn’t tell you because if I did they would have killed them.” he said sadly

“Then why did you stand up for me?” I asked

“Because they killed them.” he said with no emotion

Why?” I was appalled. There are no words for how disgusting it was for them to kidnap his family, then kill them for no reason.

“The only expensive thing I own is this watch. I wanted to change this, so I talked to the mafia leaders, to get a job. He told me he’d give me easy money to make deliveries. Money deliveries. I would get ½ the amount of money in each suitcase. I was delivering million bucks a case! It was too good to be true. My Mom told me as much. That it couldn’t end up good. I didn’t listen. I didn’t want to. Soon I got called to make my first delivery. I took it in a heart beat. There was supposed to be 1 million dollars in the case. I delivered, and I delivered. I didn’t take any money out of the suit case. I was an honest person, but when I delivered there was only 500 thousand in it. I was set up from the start; they needed a new lackey.

        "I was naïve and trusting. They took my family as hostages, and threatened to kill them if I didn’t let Mr. F do his job. You weren’t for the government, Aden. You’re for the mafia. I didn’t like that so I tried to convince Mathers to help me break you out. I thought I could trust him because I had known him before the mafia stuff had happened. But I couldn’t. He went straight to Freidman and told him my plan. That’s when they killed my family. That’s when I let it go to help you.” he finished.

I just sat there for a minute in shock. Wait. Freidman?

“Who’s Freidman?” I asked

“Freidman is Mr. Costello.” Oh…

“I’m so sorry Jordan.” I said with tears in my eyes.

“It’s all my own fault. None of it is yours.” he said sadly

I didn’t know what to do, so I just sat down beside him, put my arm around him, and held him and hoped to lessen his pain in any way.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok guys I’m so sorry! This chapter isn’t my best, but I promise the next one will be better. My camera got stolen so I’ve been kinda depressed. But it I’ll make the next chapter long and amazing. Sorry, love you, comment and vote <3