five☕️

"You aren't sick of buying the same thing every time you're here?" Michael asked, and Luke shook his head.

"Nope, it takes me a while to get sick of something." Luke shrugged.

"Explains why you haven't slapped me yet." Michael joked, and Luke giggled.

"I would never slap you, Purple." He joked, and Michael made his coffee.

This time, Michael didn't bother with the name. Instead, he tried something different. He put this number.

Michael watched his phone anxiously, waiting for a text he wasn't sure would be sent.

What if he weirded Luke out? He'd surely never see him again. Michael's phone buzzed and Michael leapt up, putting a customer's order down to check his phone.

Mom: stop leaving your clothes on the floor you pig!

Michael sighed, disappointed it wasn't Luke. He put his phone back in his pocket and returned to the order.

Luke probably threw away the cup. He's not interested in you, obviously Michael.

Michael wanted to slap himself. What had he been thinking, giving Luke his number? He barely knew the guy, but he wanted to know everything. He wanted to know his favorite color and his favorite song and everything that made him smile. Michael wanted to know his last name and potentially spell that wrong, too.

"You've been staring at you're phone for the past hour. What are you waiting for?" Calum asked, wiping down the counter.

"Luke."

"Luke? I don't know him. Are you talking about Luck? Or maybe Luek?" Calum giggled, and Michael rolled his eyes.

"He'll text you back, Michael. And when he does, get Ashton's number for me." Calum giggled again, and Michael gave him a silent nod.

Michael stayed behind the counter until closing, feeling sad and tired. He just wanted to go home and sleep. Never have to wake up, never have to go to school, never have to go to work. Just sleep. And maybe eat some pizza, too.

Michael and Calum had to lock up again, as usual. Michael was staring at his phone longingly, but it was now at 1%.

His hope went out faster than his battery.

Luke looked at the time. It was Eleven, and Michael should be closing up shop by now.

What was he supposed to say? He didn't want to Michael to regret giving Luke his number. What if Michael thought he was just some awkward outcast and didn't want anything to do with him.

Me: hey, it's Luke

Luke waited an hour. He didn't respond.

He rolled onto his stomach and stuffed his head in his pillow.

Did he regret giving his number to me? Maybe he lost interest. Everyone loses interest about Luke Hemmings sooner or later.

A/n
Awwww Lukey
Name suggestions? Or any comments in general because I love seeing ur comments it makes my day💓
~kay