twenty five☕️

2 days after New Year's Day.

Michael sobbed, holding the blade to his wrist. How did he get by without the blonde? How could he be happy now that he isn't in Michael's life anymore?

Luke's barely breathing, but Michael had already died.

"Michael, I know what you're doing in there." A voice came from the outside. Tears fell down his cheeks, and he pressed the blade to his skin. He didn't move it. He was scared. He was afraid of a world without Luke.

"It doesn't help, Michael. That's how I ended up in Cooper. Please let me in." Michael's dad said, his words not even slightly affecting Michael.

"I was so depressed when your mom left me, Michael. But Luke isn't gone."

That's what everyone says. They all say Luke isn't gone. But he is.

The boy might still be alive, but he won't be the same person when he wakes up. He'll have no idea what his favorite song is, or his favorite color. He won't remember any duck jokes to tell, or what kind of coffee he would order everyday.

He wouldn't remember the Luke Hemmings he was.

He wouldn't remember the Michael Clifford he loved.

"But you saved me, Mikey. I was so depressed, I hated myself so much. I always blamed myself, wondering why I wasn't good enough for her. But then you crashed back into my life, and you helped me remember there is a point to life. And that point was you, Michael. You can save Luke, too."

But Michael knew he wouldn't save Luke, because he wouldn't be in Luke's life anymore.

Luke wouldn't love him. He wouldn't look at Michael with the same spark in his eyes, and if Michael met the Luke Hemmings that didn't love him, he knew he'd break.

But that didn't matter much, really. He was already broken.

"Unlock the door, Michael."

He reached up and unlocked the door, putting the blade back in it's spot. He didn't want to be here anymore.

Death is so appealing when there's no meaning in the life you live.

And Luke was Michael's meaning. But he's not there anymore.

Daryl walked in, looking at his son. He took the blade out of Michael's hands, and sat on the ground next to him. And Michael just cried. He cried in the arms of his father, wishing he would just die.

A/n
sorry

not sorry
~Kay