eight☕️

"You know, I've never seen you outside of work." Luke told Michael, holding up the line.

"You saw me yesterday." Michael huffed, still embarrassed that Luke had to see him a drunk mess.

"That doesn't count. You were sleeping all day." Luke pouted, and the now black-haired boy rolled his eyes.

"I have an hour lunch break coming up. If I don't get fired for you holding up the line, that is." Michael told Luke, and the tall boy grinned. He moved out of the way, and stared at the clock until Michael's break.

~

Luke didn't know if it was a date or not. All he knew that he wanted it to be a date.

"It's nice seeing you without that weird apron thing on." Luke remarked, and Michael nodded since he was stuffing a hamburger in his mouth. Luke drummed his fingers on the table, amused by the boy in front of him. He didn't seem to be much of a talker when there was food in front of him. It was odd, how much he ate compared to how small he was.

"Is that Ashton kid gay?" Michael blurted out, and Luke found himself a little jealous he had been thinking of Ashton.

"Sorry, that was rude. I think Calum has a little crush on him, and I don't want to see him get hurt. It's happened before." Michael sighed, and Luke nodded.

"He hasn't come out, but I saw the way he looked at Calum." Luke said simply, and Michael nodded.

"We should go out, the four of us, as friends. See if they hit if off." Luke suggested, and Michael smiled gratefully.

Here Luke was, setting his friends up on something he wanted to be a date. But this was his excuse to see Michael out of work again, and he'd take any chance in a heartbeat.

He didn't know how he felt about Michael just yet, but he hated the suspense.

As friends.

The words replayed in Michael's mind. Did Luke simply want to be friends? Luke was a mystery to Michael. He didn't even know if Luke was gay.

"Is Friday good?" Michael asked, and Luke smiled.

"Perfect."

A/n
It's cold outside
~kay