17/Tear In My Heart

December 2031

"Mommy!" My daughter yells as she runs into my arms. Chris is standing behind her.

"Hey sweetie, how was school?"

"Weird, this one kid in my class kept talking about how next week is like a holiday for his aunt."

"Why does his aunt get a holiday?" Chris asks setting his coat down.

"Because she died or something," she says taking off her shoes.

"Do you know what the means?" I ask her trying not to sound alarmed.

"No, but he said that it wasn't something good."

"Did he say what his aunt's name was?"

"I think he said it was Ashley. That's a pretty name. Mommy when I'm older can my name be Ashley?" I'm too lost in thought to respond to her. We were originally going to name her Ashley.

"Beth, how about you go to the kitchen. I need to talk to your mom for a second. I'll get you a snack in a second," Chris says.

"Okay," Beth says happily before skipping into the kitchen.

"Chris, next week is the anniversary of-"

"I know," he pulls me into a hug.

"I-I heard Ashley's sister lives in town. D-Do you think that the boy in Beth's class is Ash's nephew?"

"I don't know. Could be."

"God I miss them all so much. It's been 16 years, and I still remember every detail of that night," I say a few tears falling down my face.

"I do too. I heard the mountain might be opened back up to the public."

"What?! They can't do that!"

"Josh is fighting about it with whoever's in charge. He says that the place is a major safety hazard."

"It is!"

"But they don't know that. Some people think that we all got drunk or high and one of us went all crazy and killed Emily and burned down the lodge. The police think that it was just a deadly unidentified animal."

"That's not what happened though!"

"I know. I know," Chris sighs.

"If they open that place back up, we're moving. What if those things come back and somehow get off the mountain?"

"Let's just hope they don't open it back up."

"Can you guys hurry up? I'm starving!" Beth says running over to us.

"C'mon lets go get you something to eat," Chris laughs picking her up. She lets out a laugh. I follow them into the kitchen and open the cupboard.

"What do you want?" I ask her.

"Can I have a grilled cheese?"

"Sure," I say grabbing a pan.

"So what do you want for Christmas this year?" I ask as I make her food.

"Can we get a puppy?" She asks excitedly.

"Maybe," Chris smiles. Once Beth finishes, she runs off to her room.

"How is a four year old that energetic?" I say clearing off the table.

"I have no idea, she definitely didn't get it from me."

"Let's just hope she will pay attention in climbing class," I laugh.

"It was a stupid class!" Chris says defensively.

"You keep telling yourself that Cochise." I turn around to put the plate Beth was using in the sink when I feel two hands on my shoulders. Chris spins me around.

"Thank you," he says.

"For what?"

"For giving me this beautiful family. You and Beth are my everything."

"I know what you mean. My whole world revolves around you, Beth, and the baby."

"Baby? Wait you're-" I nod.

"Oh my god. Beth is gonna have a sibling!" He says happily before hugging me tightly.

"When did you find out?"

"A couple days ago, I'm going to the doctors next week," I tell him.

"This is amazing. Caroline you are amazing!"

"You're amazing," I say before kissing him.

"When should we tell Beth and everyone else?"

"I was thinking we tell Josh after I go see the doctor, and we tell Beth and everyone else in about a month just to make sure there's nothing wrong with the baby," I say.

"I wonder how Josh will react. Remember when we told him about Beth?"

"Nice job going to the bone zone man," I say mimicking Josh.

"I'm happy she calls him uncle," Chris says.

"I am too, I mean he's like a brother to both of us. That sounds weird."

"I get what you mean," Chris laughs.

"Do you think Beth will be happy about it?"

"She will, as long as we don't make her share her toys or anything."

"Good." Chris is silent for a second.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask him.

"How I got so lucky to end up with you."

A/N- Song chapter was based off of- Tear In My Heart by Twenty One Pilots. Yay I updated! I think there is only one more chapter left after this. Sorry I haven't updated in the past couple of days, I've been pretty sick, since I've missed some school, I'll have a lot of makeup work and might not be able to update the last chapter until Friday or Saturday. Also I'm almost at 500 reads which is awesome. This is really my first fanfic that I've been really happy about writing throughout the whole thing. Anyway thanks for reading -floating_fangirl