3/Ain't No Rest For the Wicked

"Hi Cara," my aunt greets.

"Hi, is Josh here? He texted me to come over."

"He's in his room," she tells me. I've been home for six months, but it's been seven since the accident. I haven't talked to Josh a lot, or anyone for that matter. I have no classes with anyone from that night. I've tried calling Sam and Chris a lot the first couple of weeks, but they either didn't pick up or they were busy. I eventually stopped trying. Loneliness was an understatement for how I felt, I felt empty, and I still kind of do.

"Hey Josh," I say opening his door. His room is a mess.

"So why did you invite me over?" I ask.

"I need your help with something important." I give him a puzzled look.

"I-I can't stand what they did to Hannah, I want to get them back for what they put her through that night."

"How would you get them back?" I ask, sitting down at the end of his bed.

"Make them feel how she felt. Humiliated, scared, mortified," he trails off.

"What would we do?"

"I have some projectors in the basement. I was thinking we use those and make them think the place is haunted."

"And who is them?"

"The ones who were in on the prank that night."

"So everyone but Sam and Chris?"

"Exactly." I stop for a minute to think. It's just a harmless prank, then again that's what people said about what happened to Han, but they do deserve some type of payback. No one should get hurt and in the end we can all just laugh it off. Sounds good to me.

"Seems harmless enough, I'm in," I say. Josh's face lights up.

"Sweet! I can do everything once the prank is in action, I just need you to help me plan."

"Alright."

 I begin sleeping over at Josh's often, his parents don't seem to mind. It must be nice knowing Josh is actually talking to someone besides a therapist. In two months we have the whole plan organized. Everyone will meet up at the lodge on the anniversary, then I'll suggest we play with a Ouija board in the basement. Josh will make it move and storm off thinking that we're messing with him. Then he'll trigger the projectors to make the ghost show up. All I have to do is suggest using the board and Josh will handle the rest. Everyone should be laughing it off by the end of the night. At least that's the plan.

 A/N- Song chapter was based off of- Ain't No Rest For the Wicked by Cage the Elephant. I thought this song would be cool for some reason. Anyway this is my second update today, I have another three chapters already written so I can update daily. Thanks for reading -floating_fangirl