8/Hold On Til May

The bottle hits my lips and I chug the liquid inside. They all must hate me now, there goes having any friends after this. They won't believe me if I explain that I wasn't in on the prank. I finish the beer in my hand and throw it at the wall, the explosion of glass slightly calming me. I don't know how much I've had to drink in the past hour. Chris probably hates me now. I cry harder at the thought of Chris. He's so amazing, and me? I'm nothing. If I disappeared who would miss me? Not Chris that's for damn sure. I thought drinking was supposed to numb the pain, but it's only making it worse. I throw another bottle at the wall.

"Cara, let me in," I hear from outside the door as the knob begins to shake.

"Go away!" I yell at whoever is there.

"I'll break in if I have to."

"Do it!" There's some rustling and then the knob begins to turn. Whoever's trying to get in must have a key. The door swings open and Chris is standing outside my room. His expression is hard to read.

"How much did you drink?" He asks picking up a glass shard from the floor.

"Why do you care?" I snap, the alcohol in my body effecting my thoughts and what I say.

"Listen Cara, if you had anything to do with that prank Josh pulled-"

"I didn't do anything! Do you really think I would want to traumatise you guys like that?"

"Josh said that you helped him."

"I didn't help Josh with what he did tonight. Earlier in the year Josh wanted me to help him prank you guys think the lodge was haunted using a Ouija board, but he called it off a couple weeks ago," I explain.

"So you did help Josh with parts of the prank."

"I didn't! Why won't you believe me?"

"Josh put a fake ghost in the basement with Ash and I."

"Well I just helped Josh plan out the prank, he's the one who does special effects. He must have done it by himself," I say taking another beer from the case that sits next to me. I take off the cap and begin to drink it.

"Can you stop with that?" Chris says annoyed reaching for the bottle.

"Fuck off," I yell slapping his hand away.

"What the hell is your problem?"

"You. You're my problem. Do you wanna know how I got over Hannah and Beth going missing? I didn't. I had no one there for me. I tried calling you, but you ignored me. You were probably too busy talking to Ashley to be bothered with me."

"What does any of this have to do with her!" He's yelling at me now.

"Everything Chris! The fact that I'm not her, that I'll never be her, I'll never be good enough for you! I've been in love with you since freshmen year and I've had to watch you make lovey eyes at her for so fucking long. Do you know how hard it is watching the person you care about the most love someone else, knowing every fucking day that they would chose someone else over you?" I look at Chris, tears burning in my eyes. He looks completely shocked.

"C-Cara, I-I-"

"Save it, I know what you're going to say," I say sounding more miserable then I mean to.

"Listen to me-"

"Please, just go. I can't hear you reject me," I whisper on the verge of uncontrollably crying.

"Please-"

"Go!" I yell before burying my head in my knees and cry. The cries turn to sobs when I hear the door close.

A/N- Song chapter is based off of- Hold On Til May by Pierce the Veil. I was really excited to write this chapter, even though it's on the shorter side, I really liked how this chapter turned out. I've had the idea of how this chapter was going to go since I started writing this fic. Anyway thanks for reading -floating_fangirl