What just happened?

We finished our lunches and parted out own ways. Next was bio class, one of my favorite classes. Maybe I dreaded it a little because of school work but it was manageable. I sat in the middle facing the board, like usual.

            Mr. Adams went on with his usual lectures and like always, talking about his personal life in the end of class. I always wondered why Mr. Adams was a bio teacher instead of a story teller; we all knew he has a talent for those types of things. Summer already arrived, thank god our school didn’t inform uniforms; if they did I would be drenched in sweat right now. Our school only has three rooms with air conditioners, the office, the computer lab, and the chemical room, pitiful, I know. Lucky for me, last period was my photo edit class, in the computer lab.

While Mr. Adams was just about to assign homework the bell went off, talk about saved by the bell. I skipped to my locker not being able to control my happiness for what was awaiting me in my next class, cool fresh air. I opened my locker to retrieve my ear buds and strutted off to class. Still smiling I entered class with the fresh air hitting my face. As if life just couldn’t stand me being happy, I just got served a huge slap in the face, not just a slap, I wish it was a slap, it was more like getting mugged, that’s how much it hurt. But this wasn’t physical pain that struck me, but emotional. I blinked several times and even rubbed my eyes a bit as if I couldn’t even believe it really, but there he was, with her, instead of me.