8.) Sweet Awkwardness

The ride to my home was awkward.

" Aww I can't believe you ruined their moment Jacob!" Lola pouts, poking Jacob in the side, which made him jump and swerve the car for a second.

" Lola please refrain from jabbing me. And I didn't ruin their moment, I told you to open the door softly... but no, you just had to slam the door open for your "dramatic" entrance!"

" Oh wah wah Jacob! You're just trying to divert the blame onto me."

It looked like Jacob was about to explode, he opens his mouth and lets out an exasperated sigh " Why do I even bother? You are a stubborn twit!"

Lola gasps, " Why you-! I am not a twit! I-"

" Excuse me Lola, sorry to interrupt your lovey-dovey moment but-"

" Wait a sec! Isn't Lola your girlfriend?"

The car went silent for a minute, then Lola broke it by her bursting out in laughter.

" Oh I love your "friend" Gabe, she's hilarious!"

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment.

" Am I mistaken?"

" Big time darling, this big oaf and I are nothing more but, siblings!"

I looked at Gabriel and Lola back and forth.

" How's that possible? You guys look nothing alike!"

Jacob snorts, " That's a first... the only thing that separates these two is their hair color. Other than that, I say you're the only one who thinks that thought."

I nod, " Oh ok... so are you going out with Jacob, Lola?"

The car went silent again, then Jacob and Lola burst out laughing.

" Me and him..." Lola starts.

" Me and her..." Jacobs starts.

" TOGETHER?! HA!" they said in unison.

" They are in denial." Gabriel whispers to me and I snort.

" Hey I heard that Gabe!" Jacob yells.

" This guy and I are just childhood friends." Lola says, twirling her hair.

" More like acquaintances right now." Jacob mutters.

Lola frowns as she stopped twirling her hair.

" This idiot and I are on a disagreement... so don't mind our bickering." Lola says, and then went back to arguing with Jacob.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thirty minutes later I find myself changing into my party outfit in Lola's room.

" You are sooo lucky! I want to go... but stupid Gabriel says no."

Lola folds her arms and pouts.

" Where are your parents? Shouldn't you be asking permission from them?" I asked, putting on my red, mini-cocktail dress.

" Dad is in England while Mom is in New York... they are both away on business trips." Lola replies.

" Oh ok... so they left Gabriel in charge?"

" No. Originally it was Kelly, but then she had to leave to see her cousin's baby."

" And Kelly is...?"

" Gabe's girlfriend... more like an ex though."

I dropped my rose choker and looked at Lola in alarm.