14.) Second Date & Second Chances... For some but not all

For the past four weeks, I have been avoiding Gabriel.

I ignore all of his texts and calls.

I don't eat lunch in the cafeteria, instead I go to the lunch detention room, outside, the gym, ir the library (the librarian likes me a lot, so she lets me eat in the back of the library... where all the new books and where the librarians eat for lunch).

Yeah... I have gone great lengths to avoid Gabriel.

" What's on your mind right now Megan?"

I look up and smiled at Zabin.

" Nothing much...I'm just thinking about what I'm going to buy for Summer."

" Her birthday is in three days." Zabin remarks.

" Yup and its going to be a surprise."

" She's lucky that her birthday falls a day before Christmas Eve."

I nod at that and sighed.

This time I can't avoid Gabriel, he'll be there for sure...

After all, he is a friend to ALL my friends.

" There's been something I have been meaning to ask you Megan..."

" What?"

" There's this new pastry shop that I saw the other day and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?" Zabin mumbles, rubbing his neck sheepishly.

Is he asking me on a date?! My ex... asking me out on a date?!

I guess my lack of reply made him think I was hesitating or something because he quickly says, " You don't have to say yes if you don't-"

" I would love to go!" I said, smiling.

Zabin gives me one of his heart-melting smiles and says, " Great! I'll meet you at the entrance after school!"

Zabin walks off to his last class, Agricultural Science, and I walked off to French.

This was the only time I couldn't avoid Gabriel, in fact... because I was currently avoiding and ignoring him, he moved me up to the front of the class, in the seat that was right in front of his desk.

When I arrived, everybody was chatting and gossiping with one another.

Everybody looked at me as I walked in, I ignored them and went over to my 'new' seat.

Summer, Sharise, and Marcos walk over to me and I looked at them in mock surprise.

" What?" I asked nonchalantly, taking out my French notebook.

They each pulled up a seat and surrounded me.

" What?" Marcos scoffs, mimicking my tone. " What do you mean 'what'?"

I shrugged, flipping my notebook open.

" Chica, how long are you going to keep ignoring Gabriel?" Sharise asks, whispering so no one would hear.

" Yeah, when are you guys going to get back together?" Summer pipes in.

" The guy is depressed without you." Marcos says softly.

" Well he should thought of the consequences before he goes and swap spit with his ex!" I growled, crossing my arms.

" But it wasn't his fault!" Marcos remarks, standing up in anger.

" It doesn't matter now, I'm going on a date with Zabin after school today."

The door slams open and we all looked up, Gabriel was standing in the doorway with an extremely pissed off look.