Morning After

Hermione opens her eyes. She jumps for a moment not realizing where she is because it is so unfamiliar and she is naked. She squints her eyes at the sunlight coming through the opened curtains as she realizes she has a throbbing headache from her small hangover, still feeling a little tipsy.

She then feels Draco's warm skin against her's and smiles as she looks him over. He looks so wonderful while he's sleeping, like every trace of pain of the past is wiped off of his face. He looks so innocent, almost like a child.

The intercourse and everything last night now feels like a groggy dream. It seems like it wasn't real, but she slept better than she has in the past month!

After about another hour of Hermione messing with Draco's hair, twisting it around in her two fingers, he finally wakes up, wondering where he is at first as well.

"Good morning Hermione," breathes Draco, also with a headache from the night before. He is also still a little tipsy as well, but can remember bits and pieces the night before. One thing is for sure, he remembers Hermione's naked body and the way it felt inside her.

"Good morning Draco," coos Hermione in return, grinning at him and then kissing his cheek.

"What would you like to do for breakfast, are you hungry?" Wonders Draco.

Hermione nods. "Yes, I will make us some breakfast and we can just stay in. Besides, we both have headaches. We will go home in a few hours but not yet."

Draco agrees with her and helps Hermione decide to make pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Something she isn't the best at is cooking; she is good at everything else but that. Luckily the hotel room has all the supplies they need and she has her wand so she gets up, wraps a white fluffy robe around her, and heads to the kitchen.

She wouldn't have made a good Muggle, so she was grateful to be able to go to Hogwarts so she can use magic to cook now. But the food is so far going quite well to her fortune; she tries to remember Ginny's instructions from one morning when she went over the steps to make this exact meal from scratch.

"Smells amazing," comments Draco as he finally gets out of bed and walks into the huge hotel room's kitchen where Hermione is.

"Ginny has been teaching me a few cooking skills, she cooks so great because her mum taught her," compliments Hermione of her friend, flipping the pancakes with her wand as she sprinkles a bit of cinnamon on them. "Me, not so much, so it's a good thing I have a wand and I'm not a Muggle. I am a foul cooker for the most part..."

Draco just laughs and sits down at the table, looking up and down at Hermione who just has the robe on and nothing underneath, making him want to do quite similar things he did last night. But he shakes these feelings off of his brain, he wants to be a gentleman and not take advantage of her as he took advantage of so many women before.

"Did you have a good night last night?" He wonders, getting up and slipping a hand around her waist.

"Why yes, Mr. Malfoy, the best ever although it was foggy," she giggles, blushing from him asking her this.

She keeps looking back at him as she finishes cooking and he grabs silverware and plates to set up their tiny hotel table then comes back behind her to hug her to him again.

Last night still feels like a dream to them both, and they can both remember most of it but not some of the details... last night was a dream that, two years ago, would be a crime to die for.

The two of them being together in the years of Voldemort's control, the Death Eaters, and his father being around still, they would have both been slaughtered and his Father, Lucius may have been glad to do it himself.

A pureblood, especially such a high class one like Draco with a mudblood would have never been allowed in Voldemort's eyes.

Draco shudders at the thought of this as Hermione sets his plate down in front of him as he imagines what horrible things would happen to them if it would have come to that.

He could barely watch when Bellatrix tortured Hermione those two years ago in his home, so he can't even fathom to imagine what she would do to Hermione now, for sleeping drunkenly with her most prized nephew.

Draco, his mind troubled, decides to start packing as Hermione finishes her breakfast. When the breakfast is done they sit down together again in the sitting room and laugh about old stories from the past, making Draco feel a bit better about what he was thinking.

It is in the past, he can now like and love whom he wants now that Voldemort is gone. Getting his mind off of things, Draco tells Hermione the whole Astoria story and why he doesn't have any trace of feelings for her anymore.

The two talked like old friends and Hermione likes the easiness with him. She feels she can talk to him about anything.

With Ron it used to seem like she had to walk on egg shells. He would always come up with a silly comeback and never took her seriously, which she never liked about him.

"I'm going to wash up," says Hermione after she flicks her wand to clean the dishes. She keeps the wash room door open as she fills up the Jacuzzi bath tub and takes off her robe.

Draco sits on the living room couch and looks at her bare back silently. Seeing her undressed is like watching a goddess in his eyes. She slides into the bubbling bath water as Draco wonders if he can join her. She curiously looks at him. "Come in then," she tells him seductively. He didn't need to be told twice.

Draco walks into the bathroom and slips off his boxers. He then gets carefully into the bath with Hermione as she slides into the embrace of his body in the hot water.

This movement seemed to set off fireworks inside him... he starts to kiss her again like he did the night before. She accepts a little hesitantly and backs off a bit, not letting it go any farther. She had already let him go too far in the state she was in the night before.

"Thank you for last night Draco, and for this morning, for everything but I do not want to do this again today, we should've waited," she whispers into his ear.

"No problem, I would do anything for you Hermione. Besides, last night we were drunk and having fun, calm it down," says Draco, kissing her neck which she tries to slip away from once again.

The water gets colder and they decide it is time to get out and get dressed. They get out and dry off, then after a few more minutes of packing they are ready to leave.

"I guess it's time to go," groans Draco with a frown.

"I guess so," replies Hermione, grabbing his hand as he kisses her forehead.

Even if they are the oddest couple that can ever be paired together in the history of the wizarding world, they feel happy at this moment and they won't let anyone ruin it.

All the past loathing was let go last night, and neither of them regret it for a second except that they went too fast perhaps. Last night was the best night the pair of them had ever shared with someone else. And they never imagined it to happen beyond their wildest dreams.

After talking for a brief few more minutes they say their fare wells for now and apparate to their own homes, wondering just what the hell they just did, and what the hell happened the night before. They are still trying to gather all the memories because they were both drunk and not thinking straight.

Ginny is startled when Hermione apparates on her front porch.

"Hermione, come in! Tell me about it!" It is a Monday so obviously Harry was at work. The girls sat on the living room couch after Ginny puts James in his swing.

Hermione decides to bare all and tells her every detail that the previous night held. The whole time, Ginny's mouth opens in shock and never closes.
"Oh my-" She says after Hermione is finished. "I hope this is the right thing! You're moving quite fast, Hermione," Ginny says, smiling at her best friend with a concerned expression.

"Oh Ginny, I know it is. But Ron and I are over, I am heartbroken because of him, and Draco is filling up the holes Ron left inside my heart and this moment I am really happy. Draco and I are officially dating, look at my ring. I do remember this part of the night very clearly!" Hermione exclaims, holding out her right hand, showing Ginny the glowing ring on her fourth finger.

"Blimey, that Malfoy boy spoils the ones he wants doesn't he? Maybe he really does like you," Ginny jokes, "that's prettier than the ring Ron gave you, but don't let him hear me saying that!"

Like his name was tabooed, similar to Voldemort's in their seventh year, Ron and Harry walk in at that very moment. Harry is surprised to see them there.

"Ginny, I thought you were going to Molly and Arthur's?"

Ginny shakes her head. "No I was just talking to Hermione about her night with Draco! Mum and dad are busy." And Ginny realizes she just said too much.

Ron's ears are turning a dark red again, but he seems to contain himself with all the strength he has. Harry also rolls his eyes and stands stiffly beside Ron.

"Can I possibly have a word with you, Hermione?" Ron asks to Hermione's dismay. Hermione agrees as she does every time he asks, and follows Ron outside to the porch again.

He is very angry at what Ginny said, but he keeps his cool as he speaks to Hermione. He has to or she will never take time to talk to him, he wouldn't be able to handle that. He might possibly really go mad then if Hermione refused to speak with him.

"Hermione, I want you to know that I still love you very much. I am not sure why I chose to cheat on you but it was the stupidest decision I have ever made. You were everything to me and still are. I guess when we started fighting that night and Lavender came in I just went mad when I got drunk like that. I regret it with every piece of me... I would love to have you back but I don't think I can get you back, can I?"

Hermione is silent for a few moments and looks into Ron's eyes. He looks hopeful and kind of scared but she knows he is about to really hurt him with what she is going to say.

"Ron, I am with Draco now. As of last night, he's my boyfriend. I love you too, but I am not in love with you anymore. You chose to take those feelings away from me when you cheated on me with Lavender. You know you always have a choice to say yes or no, and you chose yes with her. I must not mean as much to you as you think I do. Otherwise, you would have never even thought about cheating on me. I am now in a relationship with Draco and I saw you are with Emily Riker anyways, so I wish you the-"

"No! She isn't my girlfriend 'Mione and never will be! She is a backup and replacement. I am so torn apart. How can you even like someone like Malfoy? You act like you don't remember one bit of the war!" He accuses, raising his voice at her as his fists clench.

"Please don't call me that nickname anymore Ronald-" sneers Hermione, closing her eyes as if he cursed at her.

It brought back memories of them when he used her nickname...memories she doesn't want to remember on this day that she is somewhat happy for the first time in over a month.

Hermione then looks into his face again which is filled with disgust and disbelief; he looks as though he had just saw his brother dead again.

She decides to answer his question. "Because he loves me for who I am and he is sweet and compassionate. Yes we have been together for not but a few days but I feel he is the one for me to be with right now and you know as well as I Ronald that all of us do the best we can in blocking out the war. It is the worst thing that has ever happened in our generation and I am quite sure that no one wants to think about it much."

Ron sits back and looks at his feet without another word. The silence between them is unbreakable. Then Ron suddenly mutters, "I thought that would be me..."

Hermione grows sad, seeing Ron so upset broke her heart even though it shouldn't.

"No Ron, it can't be you now because you took that decision away from me. I am so sorry but I can't forgive what you did, I can only be your friend now. That won't ever change. I wanted it to be you Ron, don't you understand? But you did the most unforgiveable thing someone can do to their loved one, especially a person whom you supposedly l-loved since you were eleven and were due to be m-married to!" She states, her voice cracking as her lip quivers.

Hermione can't see the pain in Ron's eyes any longer; she also doesn't want to cry in front of him. She will not show him that weakness. She decides she has had enough and gets up to walk in the house as a tear escapes down her cheek.

Ginny walks past her after squeezing Hermione's hand and proceeds outside to comfort her brother who pretty much looks like he wants to die right there and right now.

Hermione walks into her bedroom and lays down, she doesn't want to let the tears come but they did anyways. Letting go of someone so dear to her is the hardest thing she ever had to do. Luckily, she has Draco now even though what Ron did still hurts.
______
(Draco's POV)

Draco sits silently on his front porch, chatting with one of the guards while enjoying the warm spring night when he sees a girl apparate by his front gates.

"Mum, someone is here for you!" Draco yells to Narcissa, who is somewhere in the huge manor. Narcissa replies back and she then apparates to the end of the yard to let whoever it is in.

Then the women both apparate back to the porch. Draco does a double take when he sees who the girl is. In front of him stands his ex-girlfriend, Astoria Greengrass.

Narcissa gives her a hug and walks in the house after saying, "I'll let you two talk, and I think some sorting out is in order, son!"

Draco sits back further into his front porch seat and tries his best to ignore the woman in front of him.

"Draco, sweety, how are you?" Asks Astoria with a smile, as though nothing has changed between them. This is the usual way she acts though when they see each other occasionally in public, she runs over to him and tries to hug him and he pushes her away every time.

"Good, never better! Why do you want to know Astoria?" He sneers at the beautiful girl, who is offended by his question, her rosy red lips in the pouty face again Draco despises so much.

"Draco, you love me, you didn't want me to leave you! I didn't mean any of it! I promise! I shall leave Steven for you and we can go back to the way we were! Just like we both would like. He has the money, but Draco, you have the charm and money although he has more money! And we both know you don't really fancy that girl, I mean, of course you wouldn't ever go so low...what are you playing at? It's all just an act I am guessing?"

Draco gets up and walks toward her. "NO! You aren't leaving him for me Astoria, in fact I gravely dislike you and would rather you leave me alone and never talk to me again. And shut up about my girlfriend!" She backs away, offended and slightly surprised as Draco has never yelled like this.

"What, it's that filthy mudblood, huh? Did her nasty looks steal your heart? Oh my goodness what will my father say? What will yours say? You aren't going to marry me anymore and are going after a mudblood because I left you for Steven for this brief break? Oh Draco, I never thought as little of you as I do now! I saw you with her last night. THAT WAS BLOODY DISGUSTING, YOU SNOGGING HER! I know that secretly you still want me, I know you will come crawling back to me eventually, and oh Drakey, I will be waiting, there's not a doubt in my mind that the sorry little mudblood will eventually disgust you again. I know you are just torn up about your daddy and probably aren't thinking straight. I mean Draco; they want us to get married! We must always fulfill our father's wishes, am I correct? Oh Drakey, how I miss you, you are so much better at so many things that Steven isn't," she preaches to him as though she has been preparing everything she says to him for days. Draco just scowls at her in return and remains silent.

Draco sits back down and looks out at the horizon, trying to contain the anger that this woman puts inside of him as she does all the time, even when they were together. "Yes Astoria, I am now with another woman. A muggle-born witch who is the smartest woman alive, she is beautiful, bold, passionate, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her if I am to stay with her! I don't quite care that our fathers wanted us to marry, you can't exactly make love work with someone you don't want to be with, and you have to love them. And I have never loved you Astoria, and refuse to be with you ever again."

Astoria's eyes fill with tears and she slaps Draco's face very hard. "You are scum Draco Malfoy, and you never talk like that about a mudblood, you are pureblood! Or maybe she has contaminated you! You have been with her for just a week, I mean seriously, there is no way this is for real, and this is barbaric Draco, daddy will hear about this!"

"I had liked her for quite a while actually, Astoria. But lot like you and my family made me blind to it back in Hogwarts, making me hide my true feelings by treating her like Goblin's piss. Of course I never realized it!" Draco says to her. He is now so tempted to throw a curse at her that he clenches his fists aggressively so he won't hurt her.

Astoria pretends she doesn't believe any of this nonsense and leans in to kiss him. "I know you still love me Draco, don't be silly."

"LEAVE ASTORIA!" He bellows at her taking out his wand, walking backwards away from her. That was it, he can't take it anymore, if he has to hurt her to get her to leave, he will.

She looks at him in disbelief and then laughs out loud at him and says, "screw you, you aren't even half the man Steven is you foul git! Have fun playing in the mud you arse!" She then apparates before Draco's spell made it out of his mouth to curse her.

"Draco, what was that about?!" Narcissa demands from him, having heard the commotion from inside and had walked outside to find out what is going on.

"I was fighting with Astoria. There are some things I have to tell you," confesses Draco. He then leads his confused mother inside and sits her down in the drawing room.

He tells her about Hermione, falling for her and possibly maybe even loving her and what Astoria did to him and what Ron did to Hermione. Everything... He never tells his mum a thing about his private life and regrets it now, so he just let it all out.

Narcissa looks disgusted, but then straightens her face up for the sake of her son.

"Draco, I am so grateful to them for keeping you alive during your sixth year and I shall never forget that. Though she is a mudblood and we have had a past with her and I don't approve of her, I am not going to do what my parents did and force you to choose what kind of person you should love," she explains grabbing her son's hand. "I hope she treats you with love and respect, I hope she loves you for who you are. I know Astoria was not the best for you Draco, but I never said anything because I thought you loved her and she was very pretty and pureblood, she was actually your father's pick for you, he talked her father into getting her to talk to you."

"Figures that Father would do such a thing," Draco sarcastically says. His mother rolls her eyes and sighs heavily, her brown eyes searching her only son.

"She was horrible mum," complains Draco, shaking his head at the relief of her leaving.

"I know. Well I suppose let Hermione know that she is welcomed here anytime you would like her to be, I don't know how your father will react to this but it won't matter anyway unless he breaks out of Azkaban again. But I still don't like her because of her blood status, I am sorry. Our family friends will not approve either, I can't change too much Draco, not this fast, it will take time," says Narcissa to her son, squeezing his fingers in her's.

The "friends" were the Death Eaters who are all sitting in Azkaban. Draco rolls his eyes in anger but didn't say anything negative toward his mum. She is okay with him being with Hermione just because he wants it so much, and for that he is grateful. He then decides to write Hermione:

Astoria came and we had a fight and I told her about everything with you and that she had to leave. I also told my mum because she was worried about all the commotion. Blimey, what a night... -Draco

He ties the letter on his black owl, Martin, and sends him on his way to deliver the letter to Hermione even though it is short.